Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Enough Is Enough Already

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Enough Is Enough Already

Gosharootie, how about that Jonah Hex anyway? Yes, for the space of one week, I will post about my favorite scarred Bounty Hunter,because frankly, I just can't take it any longer. Blackest Night is just around the corner, and I don't want to have to keep posting pictures of Hal's Head Wounds. And I STILL think, that this whole kerfuffle ended in a draw anyway.

But anyway, I like Jonah. He's not a Green Lantern, but what the heck, an awful LOT of perfectly nice people aren't Green Lanterns. And Lord knows, I do love me a good Western. I grew up on Westerns, and nightly thrilled to such wonderful television fare as Maverick, Gunsmoke, Laredo, The Virginian, High Chaparral, Wild Wild West, Alias Smith & Jones, and about a billion or so others...or so it seemed. Then Detective and Cop shows took over, and my favorite Horse Operas faded into the sunset.

But not Jonah Hex. It seems as though he's been around for quite a heck of a long time, and we are the richer for it. The art was always beautiful, and the stories, well the stories were pretty fabulous as well. They often were standard adventure tales, but it seemed as though there was often a twist, or a hint of the macabre, that lifted them above the ordinary.

Anyway, here's Jonah.

Photobucket

Me too, Jonah, me too.

4 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Well, I gotta say that certainly is ORANGE!!!!! I'm not sure I can get my changes rolled as quickly as you, but I will be blogging about Green Lantern starting on Monday.

(But I will finish showing all of the Jonah Hex head injuries that I can find once I'm done!)

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous rich said...

Good lord, that's orange. I feel like I've gotten my dose of vitamin C for the day just reading it.

As for Jonah not being a Green Lantern - isn't he qualified for the job? The guy's pretty much without fear himself, after all. He's fairly supportive of the law (or at least justice) most of the time. They might have to have achat with him about the lethal force thing though. Can't see Hex letting Sinestro live through their first encounter, really.

And the Guardians have been around forever, and both they and Jonah have toyed with time travel on occasion. No real reason they couldn't give Jonah a ring, either in the past or as part of a temporal recruitment drive to reinforce the Corps with potential lanterns salvaged from the timestream. Make a cute Elseworlds story, even.

Green-plasma sixguns are no sillier than big glowing hands, right?

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Jonah doesn't appear to have a high-quality BUTT -- a necessary accessory if he's gonna be a Green Lantern!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think I need to do a bit of tinkering, because that is SERIOUSLY orange.

Gah!

I don't know if Jonah has a terrible behind, Sea, it just doesn't seem to show to its true potential.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home