Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Happy Father's Day!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Just a little shout-out to all the Dads out there, who enjoy comics, and to their kids, who are being led down that dark and dangerous path. Way To Go! Our boys are taking their Father to the Annual Litchfield Bug-In, which of course, features Volkswagens by the boatload. They'll come home, hot, tired and sunburned, so of course the day will have been a success.

What do Comic Book Characters do for Father's Day? Not a whole lot, probably, since so many of them seem to be orphans or missing their Dads. Hal probably sits around, strokes his leather jacket and cries a lot. Guy on the other hand, probably pops a cold one. John and Kyle...probably not a whole lot.

Alan Scott on the other hand, gets to go and hang out with Todd, who gets him a nice card and an electric nose-hair trimmer. They get togther with Wildcat and Wildkitty, and go to the theatre and watch the new Star Trek movie and have some nice male bonding. And Ma Hunkel makes them all waffles. Yet another reason, why it is so much better to be in the Justice Society instead of the Justice League.

Let's see, who else? Lian probably makes something for Roy out of glitter, macaroni and glue. He loves it of course. The twins give Wally a coupon for free french fries. Dick and Tim would have liked to have gone out to dinner with Bruce, but I guess that's on hold for this year. Bummer. But in his Father's honor, I'm sure that Damian blows up something.

I hope that Conner made it back to see Ollie. That would be nice. Diana doesn't really HAVE a Father, but she went home and hung out with Hippolyta, just the same. I don't imagine that Deathstroke gets much in the way of cards, or even a phone call. Can't imagine why. Same thing for Sinestro.

Anyway,have a nice day, all you Dads!

And, to show that I haven't forgotten this little bit of fussin' and feudin' with Dwayne,

Hal Pictures

Hal whacking his head in the Batmobile. Hal,you REALLY should learn to use a seat-belt.

5 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

I'm my cat's father, so I'm taking the congrats :D

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so loved that Hal & Bruce male-bonding issue.

I got wished a happy Father's Day by coworkers. Who apparently after two years haven't figured out I have no kids. Think this happens to Peter Parker?

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Grebok said...

Sally,

Prepare to jealous over one of the Father's Day gifts I got:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z33/Grebok/IMG_1306.jpg

It has a very special spot on my office wall and is frickin' adorable.

--Marty
You can probably get a copy by contacting: http://www.scottderby.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I would bet Peter Parker probably visits his father and Uncle Ben's graves, assuming he doesn't get tied up fighting Norman Osborn's Moron Avengers.

Wolverine had a foster daughter named Akiko I haven't seen since the Tieri Wolverine run, but I'd like to think he might spend time with her.

I have no idea what Cable would get Cyclops (assuming he wasn't trapped in the future). probably something explosive, with a card that says "It could come in handy someday."

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Chris, I'm sure that your cat appreciates it. Jack, I don't know what to say.

Grebok, those are adorable! I squealed with delight.

Calvin, I like Cable's idea for Scott. The Family that Grows Up Together, Blows Things Up Together...or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home