Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Admit to Being a Bit Worried

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Admit to Being a Bit Worried

Oh, not about losing to Dwayne, I can keep doing this Hal Head Trauma stuff for MONTHS. I do admit to a wee bit of consternation concerning the upcoming Black Lantern event which is practically knocking at out door however.

After Rebirth and the Sinestro Corps War, Hal and Kyle each had loads of angst and unpleasantness, but for the most part, Guy and John managed to get through relatively unscathed. Heck, Guy got his ring back, which was well-deserved and welcomed. So I can't help thinking that the two of them are "due" for a shellacking in the final part of the trilogy.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to have Geoff Johns focus his attention upon you, and I am pretty confident that Hal will receive the majority of the focus. I guess my worry is about anything permanent happening to two of my favorite Lanterns. On the other hand, I suppose that my fears are exactly what DC wants...they want the audience to be emotionally invested in the characters.

I admit it. I'm emotionally invested.

And it's ok if you want to turn my boy into a Manhunter, or poison him, or break a limb or two...just for the love of God, don't kill him off. Or Tora. Or Kilowog. Although I imagine that the people who have already been dead, may be safe. Usually, they only kill you once. Usually.

So...is anyone else feeling a bit of trepidation?

Hal Pictures

Thank you Showcase. This just cracks me up for some reason.

4 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Future solicits show Hal with a nonsevered hand. Hmm...

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

You know, now you mention it... I am kind of worried that maybe poor, sweet Tora might be in the nature of a sacrificial lamb--

Love interest returned from the dead just before an event based on resurrection. Solution to all this' probably going to involve a magical mcguffin slamming people back into their graves.

How tragic if Guy has to push the button on the "dead stay dead" machine and it turns out (or better yet, he already knows) that it'll end Tora's life as well.

He'd do it. I think Guy as he is now would sacrifice his own happiness for the his duty and the sake of the universe but...

... year of angst.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Um, not to add to your worries, or anything...

Sorry, Sally.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Don't give Geoff any ideas!

If they are looking for someone to off, who is expendable, at least is my eyes, is Geo-Force. Really, would ANYONE miss Geo-Force?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home