Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well, THAT was an Experience!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Well, THAT was an Experience!

I'm back from the Muster, a little sunburned and a little hungover, but still, it was a great weekend. This is one of the biggest musters around, more than fifty Fife and Drum Corps participated, with some corps coming from as far away as Switzerland! Got up at 5:00, drove in a torrential downpour, which fortunately didn't last very long, and then watched the parade, which was VERY long. I was all dressed up to march just in case one of the regular color guard didn't show, but it turns out that I didn't have to, so I got to sit down in the shade with some VERY nice people. The Ancient Mariners showed up, they have naval outfits and a cannon. A
CANNON! Which they shoot. We have a militia in our corps that fires off authentic Colonial muskets, which is always loads of fun, and scares all the little kids.

I'm exhausted but happy. In fact we didn't want to leave.

So I understand that the big...and when I say big, I mean HUGE...Comic Convention is going to be commencing in San Diego this week. I've never been to a convention, and really, some day I probably ought to go to one, but I think I'll stick to the smaller, more congenial ones,a little closer to home. All those people are a little intimidating. On the other hand, if I can deal with drunken and terribly friendly drummers wearing powdered wigs and tricornes, I can probably deal with Convention-Goers. Anybody going? Anybody WANT to go?

The more that I reread Blackest Night, the more that I like it. There certainly have been a lot of subplots set forth. I also got the Blackest Night:Tales of the Corps book, which was also very nice. I liked the St. Walker story, and I sincerely hope that he manages to survive his encounter with Larfleeze. Mongul was a MEAN little kid. The Indigo Corps seems rather enigmatic, don't they? Are the Guardians actually dead, or just heartless? It seems to me that Scar had a point in that they were pretty heartless before! Will the Hawks be reincarnated, and will Ralph regrow his nose?

All things to ponder.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I went to a comic convention once. I slipped in during my lunch hour, and got a lot of VERY strange looks. I guess people weren't used to seeing an adult woman in a suit rifling through longboxes full of X-men comics. ;-)

I also met Terry Austin and got him to sign some covers for me. I remember getting an odd look from him, too.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

They were simply stunned by your beauty, Sea. And possibly because you WEREN'T dressed up like Slave Leia.

You'd think by now, that they would be used to the idea that yes, some women actually LIKE comics. Not Manga, not even Sandman or Strangers in Paradise, but SUPERHERO Comics.

I've been going to my beloved Comic Books store for years now,and I still get the odd look of incredulity from some newbie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home