Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And Speaking of Blackest Night...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 08, 2009

And Speaking of Blackest Night...

...if it is half as good a Zombie story as THIS one was, we're in for a treat.

silly

Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium!

Ok, I do know that Blackest Night does not actually feature Zombies. The Dead have risen,but they aren't shambling, mindless, brain-eating monsters, their personalities are intact, and they are capable of malice and thought. Which, to my mind is even scarier.

But I was going through all of my photobucket scans, and trying to organize them in such a fashion that I can actually call up a particular picture without having to go through some 60 pages of stuff, and I stumbled upon some doozies. Yes, I'm reaching, but dammit, that's what I DO for you!

Marching tonight in my first Volunteer Fireman's parade with the Fife and Drum Corps, carrying a flag in the color guard, and filling in for my youngest who has to work. It...should be interesting.

9 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Rich said...

Grrr, frustration. Those Hitman books should have been available as trades ten years ago. Them, and Major Bummer.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I do have the full run of Hitman, and feel quite smug about being clever enough to buy them new. But I understand your pain, because it is so frustrating when you come into a series later on, and have difficulty getting all the issues...which is why I'm buying up those ridiculously expensive Starman Omnibus books.

I do believe however that there are plans to release Hitman in Trade paperbacks, if they aren't already doing so.

But this particular issue is still one of my favorites. Hacken is SUCH an idiot.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Sally, you've got me interested in Starman, too -- and that's after you got me hooked on Fables! Stop it right now!

I've never read Hitman, but I know a baby seal about to get clubbed when I see one. Tora would not approve! (Or perhaps she might -- if it comes on a sesame seed bun.)

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous wik said...

ummm... am I the only one getting the message that your images, apart from the Hitman cover, have been deleted from photobucket? Including the banner image...
Just checking since my connection's blocked a few other sites today...

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous wik said...

Also, when you say Starman, would that be the 90s run or a Showcase Presents for Ted Knight? Can't think of too many characters who get a great deal of respect for the Golden Age originals as well as the most modern equivalents (while no Red Tornado has ever really gotten much respect- one used to be mocked, the other got blown up in every battle)... though I'm more into the 90s collection, at least in part due to The Shade's ambiguous nature.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Wik: You're not the only one. I can't see any images either. :(

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

My banner's gone! That's what happens when you start fooling around with photobucket!

DAMMIT!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

"I do know that Blackest Night does not actually feature Zombies. The Dead have risen,but they aren't shambling, mindless, brain-eating monsters, their personalities are intact, and they are capable of malice and thought."

There's actually a word already for what they are: revenants. It just hasn't been used in a while...

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wik, I'm getting the James Robinson run of Starman, from the 90's which is bring brought out in large hard-bound, expensive but extremely fabulous omnibuses. They not only have the main story, but a whole crapload of extras, and mini-series, and stuff.

Scipio, Revenants is the perfect description.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home