Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Reviews!

It seemed as though it took forever, but I did indeed get Blackest Night, Tales of the Corps #3, which I liked very much, and have already reviewed. Moving on...!

Doom Patrol #1...This is one quirky bunch. Too bad about whatshername. I have to admit that I REALLY loved the backup story with the Metal Men, and Maguire on the art and Giffen and DeMatteis as the writers. Reminds me of the old JLI hi-jinks.

*sniff*

Final Crisis: Run! #4...I still find this book to be hilarious. Warped, but hilarious. Too bad about Mister Polka Dot and the Condiment King however. I really do hope that the Human Flame gets his WELL-deserved comeuppance, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy his flaming nipples.

Jonah Hex #46...continues the Six-Gun War story, but takes a bit of a breather, as Jonah shows up at the last minute (naturally) to rescue Bat Lash and Tallulah Black. Then Jonah and Tallulah share a romantic interlude, while he is reminded of what the circumstances were that lead Turnbull to such hatred. I'm sorry, I know that the whole Fort Charlotte thing is canon and all, but seriously, turning yourself into a POW camp, just because you've had a change of heart about why you are fighting? That's just NUTS! Those places were hellholes, wouldn't it have been a lot more sensible, to just light out for points west, and stay OUT of prison?

Oh well. Still a good book.

Justice League: Cry For Justice #2. I'm sorry, but I'm actually enjoying this a ton. I know that there has been something of an outcry about how terrible it all is...and yes, it IS pretty nonsensical...but I don't care. The art is pretty, and Hal and Ollie get to make jackasses of themselves, while Congorilla fights and then bonds with Mikaal. Shazaam and the Atom show up, along with Supergirl. I DO hope they remember that she was crushing so hard on Hal back in the Brave & the Bold, because I think that would be a hoot. Then, to make it perfect, Batwoman is supposed to show up, so Hal will probably be chasing HER, while being pursued by Supergirl and possibly Mikaal, and they end up forgetting the whole "JUSTICE!" premise, and just start making out. Which, you know, that Hal would do, since he has something of a short attention span. And Ollie would be cheering him on from the sidelines.

However, I don't really expect that's how it will pan out. But still...!

Secret Six #12...Whoa! Oh Jeannette, you are my favorite. I'm still not quite sure exactly why the six of them are having this brawl, but I am hoping it all works out in the end, because I really do like this particular bunch of characters. I'm not quite sure what bug crawled up Blakes' rear end, but I wish that he'd stop acting like a moron.

Wonder Woman was great, and I'm rather glad that Artemis isn't actually dead. I also enjoyed Scandal runnign around in her polka dot underwear. Good good stuff.

Superman: World of New Krypton #6...I wasn't too sure about this whole idea, but every month, I'm liking it more and more. An interesting premise, and nice art.

Wednesday Comics continue to delight and enteretain. I still can't get over how exquisite the artwork is on Kamandi. Hal is acting like an utter jerk in Green Lantern, but hey, that's how Hal rolls. I'm liking Batman and Superman, and loving Metamorpho, Strange Adventures and Supergirl. Metal Men is a hoot, Sgt. Rock is gorgeous, and the Flash is intriguing and beautiful. I like the Demon and I even like Hawkman! About the only ones I'm not completely enamoured of, are the Teen Titans and Wonder Woman, which is just a little too dense for me. But still, these are tons of fun, and I'm happy beyond belief to be able to pick them up every week.

I hope you all enjoyed YOUR comics.

4 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

I was really pleased by Cry for Justice #2. Much better than #1, less posturing, and as you say the art is very pretty, and there were jokes!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I rather got the impression, that Hal was a bit embarrased by the whole thing, while Ollie, was all excited. I think that Ollie has a tendancy to want to live vicariously through Hal's sexual exploits, now that he's got the ol' ball and chain. Or something.

But gosh, the art is pretty.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I still like Cry for Justice very much. And I LOVE the Doom Patrol/Metal Men comic so far!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Sadly, there was a major goof in Jonah Hex. Jonah killed the chief's son AFTER the war.

By the way, all your photos are gone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home