Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Reviews!

I'm still working on my little computer problem, but I'm at my Sweet Baboo's lair, stealing his computer. Woohoo! Internet Access At Last!

It was a hell of a week.

First off, Blackest Night: Batman #3. Since it was written by Peter Tomasi it is right in line with the rest of the Blackest Night continuity. It was quite good, with both Tim and Dick getting sucked into the emotional machinations of their respective parents. However, the REAL payoff, was the way that the two of them managed to outwit the Black Lanterns at the end...a method that I feel may have some ramifications down the line. Involving Tora perhaps?

Cool.

Booster Gold #25 was fun as usual, with an unexpected touch of sweetness I thought, in Booster's relationship with Dick at the end. I'm glad that he came clean about his own place in the Universe, and how he related to Batman. Damian was splendidly obnoxious as usual.

The backup feature with Blue Beetle was also excellent, continuing the story of the Black Beetle, and his shenanigans. He CLAIMS that he's actually Jaime from the future, but I'm not buying it, and neither was Jaime.

There was a moment, back with Booster that also seemed to hint at a possible identity for the Black Beetle, when Rip was fighting him off, and he was being scanned by Skeets. Man, I really hope that the Black Beetle isn't secretly an evil future Ted or something. That would really rain on my parade.

Fables continues to entertain me. Frau Totenkinder is doing interesting things, much to the possible dismay of Ozma. Fabletown is in bad shape, and I'm sure that a confrontation is coming soon. I really really want Bufkin to defeat Baba Yaga as neatly as he conned the Djinn.

Final Crisis: Escape #6. And so we come to the end. I liked this, even if I didn't understand half of it, although it does finally seem to make a certain amount of sense. I guess it's a good thing that Nemesis dumped poor Wonder Woman, considering the last page.

Green Lantern Corps #41. Oh. Oh MY!

The Incredible Hercules #136. This has to be one of the best comic book battles EVER!!!! I do know that I was in serious hysteria, particularly when Hercules used the dreaded purple nurple ploy on Thor. The atomic wedgie move was also quite enjoyable. This is about the only book that I am currently getting from Marvel, but it is simply magnificent. If the rest of their books were half as good as this, I'd still be spending money over there.

JSA vs Kobra #5. Wheels within wheels, and all sorts of things are going on. I am enjoying this more than the regular book at the moment, since they are all fighting and cooperating together, instead of fighting, and Mangog's presence, is quite minimal, to my relief. Good stuff.

Secret Six #14. Woohoo! Finally our boys and girls get their heads together, and do the right thing. Nicola Scott's artwork simply makes me swoon. Scandal goes all crazy on Grendel's ass, and Bane issues a few new rules. And Deadshot dishes out a most welcome comeuppance.

I love weeks like this!

7 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I agree about Booster, Secret 6, and FC: Escape. Haven't read the others yet. I can't wait to find out what's really going on with Black Beetle. And Nicola Scott is one of my fave artists right now. Simply awesome art.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I have to agree with your comments about Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. And until they unmask Black Beetle I can't find myself believing Mr. Liar Mcliarpants.

Hmm, see I've been hearing great things about The Incredible Hercules and Secret Six. I'm not sure which one to try out. Money being tight and all.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

They wouldn't do anything like that to poor Jaime, would they? They CAN'T do anything like that to poor Jaime!

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

There was a moment, back with Booster that also seemed to hint at a possible identity for the Black Beetle, when Rip was fighting him off, and he was being scanned by Skeets. Man, I really hope that the Black Beetle isn't secretly an evil future Ted or something. That would really rain on my parade.

That crossed my mind as well. And if that turns out to be the case I will be really, really pissed off. And I pity Dan Juergans if I get pissed off.

Erin, I shall now always think of Black Beetle as "Mr. Liar Mcliarpants." lol.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Hadn't try FC : Escape, and I have a few Flables late to read. I agree with the other reviews; I had the same thought about Ted Kord as a future Black Beetle, which I would not be quite happy with if it is indeed the case. The Blue Beetle part was more interesting for me than the Booster one, by the way.
Between Secret Six and Hercules, I would say that if you want light hearted humourous book take hercules, if you prefer twisted character with grim humour(grim is quite too strong for what I mean to say but I don't have the correct word in English).
The use of ice in BN Batman makes me think too that Ice could be revealed to be of first importance in the main BN series. I found surprising for the moment that she hadn't appear yet in BN. ( I hope the Xanthi situation with John to be dealt next month, quite a long time without evolution)

My main concern was with Kilowog: I am affraid ! His death would be the perfect explanation for Guy turning red... but I don't want Kilowog to die !!!

I SO don't want Kilowog to die !!!!

good luck wih your computer problems

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Black Beetle Ted? I haven't seen anything about him that reminds me of him. Maybe a multiverse Ted. I remember Johns, Katz and Jurgens having a definite idea about Teds' fate and Jurgens mentioning that they didn't have an idea for BB at first.

Lissbirds: LOL! I'm going to keep calling him that even after his id is revealed. He tells different origins of himself to everyone--two different ones to Jaime in this fight!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger googum said...

I was going to re-read all of FC: Escape this afternoon, but I hadn't realized he dumped Wonder Woman. That takes some stones...

It occurred to me, with the end of that one, and Wednesday Comics, the only DC book I'm reading right now? Warlord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home