Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Eureka!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Eureka!

Hopefully, this is going to be my LAST blog about computer problems. I took my fancy schmancy HP into work, and had one of my super computer savy co-workers take a peek,and we ended up taking it to PC Warehouse in Springfield, where they do all of the computer fixin' stuff for where I work. It was going to cost about $100 to replace the power unit thingie, OR, for about $200 he could BUILD ME A WHOLE NEW COMPUTER! With easy-to-replace components! I'd been browsing at Costco and Best Buy, and they were all pretty expensive, so naturally, I jumped on this like a tick on a dog!

And here it is! All working, and...and STUFF! Had to reload the virus protection, and music, but for the most part, he was able to save a ton of my stuff, and I'm just so happy, I could plotz.

Oh, and the new books came out today, even though it was Veteran's day. So read your books, and kiss a Veteran!

Woohooooooo!!!

14 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

That's great news. I'm glad your computer woes are (hopefully) behind you.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh God, so do I. I just want things to work the way that they are supposed to...is that too much to ask?

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

No, it's not too much to ask. Right now, my camera and my computer aren't speaking to each other, not since Vista updated with Pac 2. I can't find a solution, other than to try to upgrade to Win 7. I am not happy. Computers shouldn't be this difficult to use.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous wik said...

Oh, crap... I just read GLC and finally got to see what drives Guy over the edge.
I can't believe they did it... I can't believe this...
On a slightly less shocking note, glad things are looking up for your computer situation...

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I've got a Mac. Teehee.

Uh-oh, wik. That doesn't sound so good. :(

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it too. :-[

*takes deep, calming breaths*

I keep reminding myself that this seems to be happening to a lot of characters in this crossover...doesn't mean it has to stick.

Then again, I said that while watching Torchwood too. More than once.

Oh, you bastards.

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sally, it's not too much to ask, but it can be really hard to get. I hope this guy did right by you.

For the record, I support Windows at work and have been a proponent for it in business for decades. My money goes to Apple for home computers; I used to build my own Linux boxes, but I got lazy. You might ask your friendly neighborhood geek if Linux is right for you; if you do on line gaming, it's not, if you mostly web surf and email and occasionally watch movies and listen to music, it'd likely be less pain as long as your friendly neighborhood geek sets it up for you. Linux installs are still not for the layperson.

And as for GLC... I totally didn't see that coming. Nor did I see R.E.B.E.L.S.' ending, though it makes such perfect sense; he's always dressed the part.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

End to computer woes: :)
GLC: :(

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

I'm happy for ya :-)

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

Computers never work are they are expected. The other day my computer just froze. Completely. Won´t ever turn off. I was completely freking out, but it started working at the next morning. No reason whatsoever.


Green Lantern Corps... I´m afraid that again my english would fail me, to say what I would like, so... Just wow...

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hooray for working computers! After going through a couple of meltdowns (one of which included a Mac -- they aren't ENTIRELY immune to problems), I've become a big fan of used/repurposed computers. So far, they're reliable -- and definitely cheaper than buying new!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

OMG, I just read GLC. OMG.
:(

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Aww, Kyle isn't gonna stay dead. Just wait and see. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home