Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: More Ruminations on Green Arrow

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, November 23, 2009

More Ruminations on Green Arrow

Yeah, you heard me. Green ARROW! I have been contemplating Ollie's wankery lately...and quite frankly, his ego even puts Hal's to shame. But Hal still has more willpower, sexiness and nicer hair...so there.

I will admit however, that I did absolutely adore Kevin Smith's version of Oliver, when he returned from the dead, and started hanging out with the Justice League again.

Ollie

For some reason, this just cracked me up. It was a very realistic...and funny take on Ollie's resurrection. In fact, when Aquaman finds him and hauls him up to the satellite, EVERYone is just flabberghasted...as well they should be. I mean, it's quite possible that after Blackest Night is all over and done with, people coming back from the dead, will be considered just another Tuesday, for the Justice League, but at this point, it was still somewhat of an occasion.

Ollie not only returned from the dead, he came back as ASShole Ollie. Seriously, you think that Guy Gardner was bad in the old days in the JLI? Well, he was NUTHIN' on Oliver Queen. Ollie's ultra left-wing rantings were just as obnoxious as Guy's ultra right-wing ravings, and it is a shame...a DARNED shame that I don't think they ever had the two of them actually go at it.

Of course, Ollie had Hawkman to fill that role,and I have always enjoyed their battles.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Oh, that's a beautiful picture :)

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

There's a two-part episode of The Batman ("Lost Heroes"), where a baddie completely ignores Bats and Ollie because they're the only two members of the Justice League who don't have powers. Ollie is VERY much a wanker in that episode -- but a darned funny wanker. There's a scene where Hal rings up a green plane for Ollie and Bats to ride in, much to their dismay:

Ollie: "I feel like a kid in the back seat of his parents' SUV."

Bats: "Just don't ask me if we're there yet."

Another thing I love about that episode: Ollie taller than Hal. :-)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It IS a nice picture. I just wish that you could see all of it.

Sea, that sounds fabulous...and funny. I have to admit that I DO like Ollie, his wankerism is part of what makes him so amusing. We can't ALL be like Barry or Clark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home