Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Gadzooks!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gadzooks!

Gosh, but all kinds of things are going on lately.

For one thing, today is National Pastrami Day. Please celebrate the deli of your choice. Mmmmmmmm...pastrami.

Secondly, DC is up to all KINDS of interesting things lately. In addition to bringing back a version of the old JLI, they are also putting the team of Giffen and DeMatteis on Booster Gold.

I find that I am a little torn about this. On the one hand, I simply adore Giffen and DeMatteis, their work together is always a hoot. On the other hand, I've been perfectly happy with Dan Jurgens on Booster Gold, and I would hope that he would at least stay on as the artist, because I REALLY like his work. I guess we shall have to wait and see.

And thirdly, they are bringing back Birds of Prey! WITH GAIL SIMONE as the writer! Be still my heart. Ed Benes is going to be the artist which doesn't excite me quite so much, but he's ok, I guess. I'd love to have Nicola Soott, but I imagine that she's still on Secret Six. If Geoff Johns can write just about every book for DC, I would think that Gail can bang out Secret Six, Wonder Woman and Birds of Prey. DC is going to get a whole lot more of my hard-earned dollars.

I think I'll go have a pastrami sandwich to celebrate.

9 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger Stephen R. said...

When I read that DC was bringing back BIRDS OF PREY with Gail Simone I was ecstatic! Give Gail any damn book she wants and I will buy it. Over and over again. Love her.

And love your blog. Really wonderful!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Well, as George Costanza said, pastrami is the most sensual of all the cured deli meats.

I'm psyhed for Birds of Prey, too! Nicola Scott would've been awesome. I'm hoping Stephanie Brown will be a part of the team, too. I wasn't liking Stephanie as Batgirl, but she's really growing on me.

I'll miss Jurgens on Booster Gold, too. I mean, it's his character. I have mixed feelings about the Giffen/DeMatteis move to that title. It'll be nice to see them together, but not at the expense of Jurgens. Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wait and see, seems to be wise advice. I guess they are getting a different artist than Dan Jurgens, which is a shame, because,as you say,Booster is HIS character. I do hope that he lands another good assignment.

Stephen, I feel the same way about Gail Simone. And thank you for your kind words.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

BoP!! YAYHOO!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

If it wasn't for the upcoming Rise and Fall crossover, I'd be checking my calendar to see if I hadn't somehow been transported back in time to before DC became all GrimDeath.

All we need now is a new Young Justice team...! *hint, hint!*

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Mmmmmmmm... pastrami! I love patrami. :-)

DC never should have cancelled BoP in the first place! Still, it wasn't quite the same without Canary. :-(

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It will be so nice to have them back together again. I've missed Dinah as being an intelligent and competent agent. I've missed Oracle as being smarter than anyone else. And dagnabit, I've missed Zinda terribly.

And I STILL think that Fire and Ice would make great Birds, but I guess they're going to be busy in the new JLI. At least they are DOING something with them.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

Gadzooks indeed!

What a wondrous week it has been in revelations! JLI AND Booster Gold! The band is getting back together! (kinda)

This news makes me so giddy I can almost forget that they cast a kid as Carol Ferris.

On another note, I had no idea it was National Pastrami Day, but it's very interesting in that I started the week by buying a 1/2 lb of pastrami on a whim and made a WONDERFUL toasted sandwich for myself, something I haven't done in... well, at least two years. Weird, isn't it?

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"This news makes me so giddy I can almost forget that they cast a kid as Carol Ferris."

I actually had to look up what you meant by that and I don't even know who Blake Lively is. Wow, I am getting old.

My expectations for the GL movie keep getting lowered. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home