Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Return of...The Justice League?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Return of...The Justice League?

Well! There is a certain amount of scuttlebutt going around, that DC is actually going to resurrect the concept of the old JLI. Keith Giffen is going to be one of the writers, which fills me with great joy. Judd Winick is supposed to be the other writer...which filles me with great trepidation. But at least according to the interview over at Newsarama, the two of them were joking and kidding around, and in general having a helluva good time, which I find to be encouraging. It's not DeMatteis, but there's hope.

Incidentally, I do believe that Giffen and DeMatteis might be teaming up on Booster Gold?

Wow!

I don't know who they are going to have do the artwork, but I suppose that Kevin Maguire is too much to hope for. It sure would be purty though.

So...anyway, getting back to the matter at hand, it is going to be the old gang, with Booster, Fire, Ice, Dmitri and so on. It's going to be bi-weekly, and run in conjunction with the new "Brightest Day" series, which is also going to be bi-weekly. Presumably, they will come out in alternating weeks, so that there will always be a new book on the stands.

Let me just say, that I actually love weekly comics. 52 was fabulous, and I liked Trinity and loved Wednesday Comics. Countdown was pretty much a bust, but even it had a few good issues. But I do love going in every week, and picking up something new. AND, I LOVE the JLI.

So it sounds as though some of the dead heroes may actually, be coming back to life. I've been hoping of course, but trying not to get TOO emotionally invested...just in case it is all a bust in the end. I hear that there is going to be a Blue Beetle, but which Blue Beetle? I would be delirious with joy to have Ted back, but I do like Jaime too. And I want J'onn of course.

And Guy. There hasn't been any mention of a Green Lantern, but EVERY Justice League has to have a Green Lantern, and how can you have the JLI without Guy? Granted, he's a bit busy at the moment, but I'm sure that he could zip in for visits.

JLI

Oh, won't it be luverly?

4 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I think DeMatteis has been busy writing episodes for Batman: Brave & Bold. And good for him! :-)

Watch 'em bring back JADE and make HER the resident Green Lantern of the team. Bwaaa, ha, ha, ha, haaa!

Hey, I wouldn't put it past 'em.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

No Guy Gardner would be a deal breaker for me.

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm going to buy it anyway. DC owns my soul...

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue and gold, blue and gold, blue and gold... pretty please?

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

NOT JADE?!!!!! Arrggghhhh!

Man, I really can't stand Jade. And I don't want her coming back and messing things up for Kyle and Soranik. She had her chance and she blew it!

Awww...c'mon Liss, Guy would be fabulous in the reconstituted Justice League. He'll probably just drop by to hang out with Tora anyway, and then inadvertently save all of their butts...as usual.

Yes, Blue and Gold would indeed be very very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home