Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Um....

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Um....

...Looks like another Monday. I've been so pleased with so much of the news coming from DC lately, what with Guy getting his own book (and Kilowog!) and John having a bigger role hopefully, and the whole idea of Brightest Day, not to mention bringing back Birds of Prey and the JLI, that I'm feeling a little bit of Comic Overload.

What the heck can I talk about today? It seems as though it has been SO long since a Green Lantern book actually came out, that I am looking forward to Wednesday with uncommon hunger. There's also the fact that Blackest Night is entering his penultimate and ultimate issues soon, and as the tension ramps up, I want to find out just how the heck our boys in green are going to triumph. And what the heck is going to happen after that?

This constant state of anticipation is one of the reasons why I think that the comics format, of doing monthly books with cliff-hangers will endure. I keep reading that it's not a premise that will last, it's not profitable, there aren't enough fans, and that the publishers will switch over to doing just trade publications, and so on and so forth. These things may all be true. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to come out with longer stories, all published at once. But I LOVE the idea of getting my books every Wednesday, since I am a creature of habit. I also love cliff-hangers. It's nice to read a collection or the trade all at once, and sometimes it actually works better because in the case of books that had shipping and lateness problems, it is too easy to forget what happened one or two or three months ago.

And yet....

I enjoy that feeling of anticipation. And the enormous satisfaction of walking in the store, and there it is...the one or two books that you've been salivating over for weeks, and here it is, and I can't WAIT to get home and read it. Sometimes, it doesn't quite live up to the hype, but most of the time it does, and it's a very...satisfying feeling.

Wow. I didn't even have to resort to a picture of Batman being punched or Hal's ass.

I'll do that tomorrow instead.

7 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger poops said...

Now that's FUNNY!

And to follow up with the cliffhanger subject:

"What Has Gotten Into The Batman?! Find out Next Month!"
or
"How Can Hal ever Trust Batman Again?! Come back next month to find out!"
or
"Brave and the Bold #84 - The Horse's Ass!"
or
"The Return of Bruce Wayne"

(I'm sorry, but the image of Batman slugging Hal in the ass is too funny!...I'm sorry...I'm really tired..)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I...I do not HAVE such a picture. But I wish that I did. Snapper Carr probably has one hidden away in a safe deposit box somewhere.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger poops said...

Okay, so just bear with me here and then I'll be done...I just CANNOT shake the image!!

So, the JLA are just hanging out on the Satellite, and Hal's on one of his big tears, talking about how he kicked the hell out of some stranded Dominator in Sector 2735, and Batman sneaks into the room without Hal noticing, and he's just gotten back from tossing the Joker back in Arkham, but he got exposed to just a touch of laughing gas and it's made him a bit punchy.

Anyways, he sneaks up behind Hal, shushing Wonder Woman and Green Arrow along the way, winds up and...

WHAMMO!

He cracks Hal right in the left cheek, delivering a brutal charlie horse! Hal goes down, his ass cheek totally seizes up tight and he can't get back up! Bats goes crazy hysterical and points down at Hal and screams "Served!", while WW is horrified and Green Arrow is just plain embarrassed...Supes, hearing Hal's cries of pain, shows up, sees what's going on, orders Vixen to go make some coffee and sends Bats into the kitchen to sober up. WW helps GL off the floor, helping him to the couch, agreeing with his claims that Bat's behavior was "totally unacceptable and completely unprofessional", although later in the evening, after all parties are bandaged up and sober and she's left the Satellite, she calls up Oracle and fills her in on what went down and they both laugh they're asses off!

I'm really sorry, but that's all I've been able to see since checking out this post...

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This JL/U site is mostly about the Flash and slash but it's got some funny/bizarre pics, including a Justice League Nativity:
http://kissmyax.chu.jp/topmenu/front.html

Manga Hal and Arisia greet you here:
http://silverrockets.chips.jp/hpkyi/

Enjoy!
-Anarky

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

@ poops: oh my that's a great idea!

@ anarky: ooh, thanks for the links!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Nooooo! Batman can't hurt Hal's adorable tushie! That's Hal's best attribute!

I found myself wondering last night, about all of the different Corps of light we have now. For some reason, that awful old story, "Where There is a Will," came to mind. That's the story in which it turned out that Superman was supposedly Abin Sur's first pick, and that being chosen to be a Green Lantern really wasn't all that unique or special. It made me wonder -- Has Geoff Johns actually diluted the uniqueness or excitement of the Green Lantern by introducing so darned many @#&$& other Corps? I mean, heck, with Blackest Night, it looks like anyone in the universe could be a member of one of the Corps. That's hardly special, is it?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That particular story drives me nuts as well, Sea. However, in Rebirth, I think that Geoff Johns established pretty well, that not just anybody can be a Green Lantern, when Ollie was barely able to summon up a single construct. Contrast that with the way that Hal, Guy, John and Kyle do it...with ease.

So...maybe it's easy to get into the OTHER corps, but it's still a heck of a distinction to be a Green Lantern.

And poops, I must say that the thought of Batman under the influence of laughing gas, manhandling Hal IS interesting. But I'd prefer that he hit Hal in the head instead...where it will do him no harm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home