Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: More of the Same

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More of the Same

Still can't think of anything in particular to write about, so I'm flogging this whole "out of context" idea right into the ground. Oh, and Happy Secretary's Day! Oh wait, it's now Administrative Professional's Day. Whatever...I got a gift card, and since it is my first anniversary at my job, I've actually got PAID vacation days and a raise! This hasn't happened to me for about 20 years or so, when I retired, to start birthin' babies. I'm all a-twitter. But not the fancy schmancy NEW kind of twitter.

I think I'm getting sidetracked.

But anyway, I present THIS lovely scan, mainly because it makes me laugh, and then I miss Barda.

birds of prey

I'll be SO glad when the Birds are back together.

8 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

ooh whenever i've heard about the new bop i've thought of these panels!

congrats on your yr in the job!
and what, you didn't get paid holiday leave till now? nothing? is that legal in the US?

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like it better if I didn't think at least one-half of this Fall of Green Arrow nonsense was for the purpose of getting Dinah out of there. I want to see the Birds in action too, but I resent character derailment and crappy writing laying the foundations for it.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and as a former secretary myself, congratulations!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

It depends on the company, Saranga, but most places in the US don't give you any paid vacation until you've been with the company for a year -- and usually only a week's worth, at that.

And I agree, Arynne. I'm looking forward to seeing the Birds back together (because they should never have broken up in the first place -- stupid Batman), but I hate that Dinah is only suddenly free because Ollie took a dive.

Congrats on your year, Sally!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yes, congrats!

Sadly, Saranga -- that IS legal in the USA, especially for freelancers and contractors. It SUCKS. Plus we don't get as many bank holidays as you guys do. :-(

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

That's really draconian. Over here we get a legal minimum of 28 days paid leave a yr (inc 8 days bank holidays).

Self employed people don't get paid leave, but that's cos they are self employed. Hence their rates are much more than an equivalent employed person's would be, as they need ot earn more to cover holidays and sick leave.

Do you get any paid or statutory sick leave?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I do, but only because of the company I work for. Mine is one of the few publishing companies in the country with decent benefits (golden handcuffs).

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Saranga, actually, I DO get paid holidays, but didn't qualify for personal vacation time, until I'd been with the company for a year. But since I only worked part-time after the kids started coming it has been a LONG time since I've actually qualified for benefits...which is what I'm crowing about.

Yeah, I'm glad that Dinah is going back to the Birds, but still...the whole marriage up to this point has been pretty miserablly done. I'm not saying they have to live happily ever after, but a FEW moments of wedded bliss would have been nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home