Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Back In The Saddle Again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, June 07, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again

Aaaaand, we're back. I'll say one thing...camping without running water or electricity is NOT my thing...at least anymore. Having a shower, a four-poster bed, a small round Englishman to wait on me hand and foot and the best Eggs Benedict I've ever eaten, was infinitely preferable to sleeping in a tiny vintage camper, and washing with cold water and a washcloth.

But anyway. Comics.

I find myself looking forward to Wednesday with a combination of anticipation and trepidation. Justice League #3 is coming out, and after LAST week's mangling of the characters, I am wondering what Winick is going to offer us. It's a bit like a highway wreck, you don't want to look, but still find yourself slowing down to take a gander. I WANT to like this, but I'd prefer to read about some of my favorite characters...not the ones that Winick apparently plucked out of the air.

Now Brightest Day on the other hand, has been pretty good so far. There are several different strands of story, and it has been interesting seeing where they are going. The art has been superior as well. I presume that Deadman is going to be the glue holding the whole thing together. Plus, there is always a bit of Sinestro being sarcastic, which I simply adore. I can't WAIT until he finds out about Kyle and Soranik shacking up.

I'm not quite sure when the Time Travelers mini is coming out...the one where Hal, Rip, Booster and Superman are wandering around through time, trying to find Batman. It is SUCH an interesting combination of characters, that I think it will be quite fascinating.

Photobucket

That...is a cool cover.

Rip is being stalwart, Booster is posing, Hal is flexing a bit, and poor Superman is going "get them off, get them off!" in the background.

Heh.

6 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I love Rip. And Booster's so shiny. I have to have this book!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Superman doesn't like bats all that much, eh? :-)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9494:seriously-anyone-can-be-chosen-to-be-a-green-lantern-then-the-full-frontal-crew-has-got-a-shot&catid=45:full-frontal-nerdity&Itemid=74

Just saying is all.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Dwayne! Actually, that's hilarious. Seriously, ANYONE can be a Green Lantern? And here I always thought that their methods of chosing someone were quite...stringent.

They did of course, leave out the MOST important requirement.

Taut, round, firm buttocks.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Time Masters: Vanishing Point #1 comes out July 21 the same day as JLGL#6. I know because I can't wait to have three different books with Booster in it. And I love Rip too.

As for JLGL, I don't think Guys' going to be in it for awhile. Giffin and Winick talked about what they're going to do and I'm intrigued. This is the first time I actually cared about Max since he went evil and their going to explore it. Plus Jaimes' appearing, the guy who knows what Booster is really doing. I'm willing to see where this goes. Besides, last time I gave up in the middle of a series because of out of character writing was 52.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, I admit that I'll keep reading JLGL, because I love all of the characters. Heck, I'm still fond of Max, dammit.

But I'm still feeling a bit pissy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home