Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Borrowing from the Best

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Borrowing from the Best

Gee, I sure do miss the Absorbascon. Sadly, Scipio closed it down a while back, but I still stop by once in a while to visit...and just to make sure that he hasn't posted something.

One of the things that he used to do, was every week, he'd have "Things That Made Me Happy", and then write cryptic clues about the new books that had come out that week. It was one of my favorite things to read, and I was wondering if it would be proper blogging etiquette to start it up again? Or would that be a faux pas?

But anyway, for this week at least, here are some of the things that Made Me Happy in my Comics.

The Joker tells a Love story.
Even the Bat-Computer can pick up a virus.
Sandy had a speaking part! Brief, but it was there.
Future Nazis are actually quite efficient
It's raining Green Lanterns!
Boy, the Hawks have died...a LOT!
The White entity has a strange sense of humor.

Toodles!

7 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

i think you can start this up again...

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I really do miss Scipio. I'm not as clever (he knows LATIN!) nor as witty, but dagnabit it was a fun feature.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

He had the best analysis of The Dark Knight film that I ever read. I'll have to copy & save it in case his site ever goes away.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I think you should do a Things That Made Me Happy post every week, Sally! I had wanted to give it a try as well one of these days. I miss Scipio's blog a lot, too. I'm hoping he'll revive it someday soon. Dwayne, you are absolutely right about The Dark Knight post. His analysis of Two Face was unparalleled.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

would anyoen care to give me a link to this dark knight post? i am now intrigued.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Saranga, I don't have the link to that particular one, but I agree that it was MOST worthy. However, there are a lot of worse things that you can do, than simply go to the Absorbacon, and start going through the archives.

They are magnificent.

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

In case anyone needed links, here's some of Scipio's Dark Knight posts:

http://absorbascon.blogspot.com/search/label/Dark%20Knight

And his excellent analysis of Two-Face:

http://absorbascon.blogspot.com/2008/05/inner-conflict.html

http://absorbascon.blogspot.com/2005/05/terror-of-two-headed-coin.html

http://absorbascon.blogspot.com/2006/08/terror-of-two-headed-coin-part-2.html

It's really good stuff. Here's hoping he's back soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home