Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: D'oh!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, June 04, 2010

D'oh!

It's National Donut Day! Or Doughnut, if you are a purist. This is the sort of holiday that I can really get behind. It's right up there with "Dress Like A Gorilla Day" and "Talk Like A Pirate Day". Nerds have a lot to answer for.

I'm taking the weekend off. Yes, I know this brings a chill to your hearts, but I'm off to the wilds of Kinderhook, N.Y. for a nice fife and drum Muster. We get to wander around the Historical Society, and Martin Van Buren's childhood home or something, and probably drop like flies from the heat and humidity...but it Will Be Fun.

Since my Sweet Baboo considers camping to be when the ice machine on his floor is out of order, we are NOT pitching a tent or staying in a camper on the parade grounds, but instead in an incredibly historic Bed & Breakfast Inn, conveniently located two doors down. I can rough it when I have to, but I have to admit that coming home to a jacuzzi and sherry on the veranda are MOST attractive.

Brightest Day was pretty good. It didn't have Hal kicking any cats though. What it is with DC and cats lately? Power Girl's cat has been the hit of her series, and finally gets a name, Hal is molesting Dex-Star, and Roy is beating up thugs with a dead cat in an alley in Arsenal. Not that I actually BOUGHT Arsenal...but I heard about it.

Go forth and eat doughnuts.

3 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

mmm, doughnuts!

i take your partners view on camping.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'm not much of a camper, either. I have to work outdoors, I'd rather not spend all my leisure hours there as well.

Can they be mini-donuts? Ooh, I love those.

Have fun!

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

If you went into a Dunkin'Donuts on Friday and bought a drink, you got a free doughnut! I had apple and cinnamon and it was delicious.

The heat and humidity were high at the muster, and it was SOOO nice to be able to go back to an air-conditioned room with a marble fireplace and a four-poster bed, and take a long cool shower and put on clean non-sweat-soaked clothes. Meanwhile, the kids, went in my son's little 1973 Shasta camper trailer and got to play in the dirt. But they were happy, and we were happy.

The perfect Eggs Benedict for breakfast were nothing to sneeze at either!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home