Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Jonah Hex is the Bee's Knees

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Jonah Hex is the Bee's Knees

Well, I finally managed to get my hands on last week's Jonah Hex: No Way Back hardcover book, by Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, and the incomparable Tony DeZuniga, and I am as happy as can be. Not only that, but the regular Jonah Hex book ALSO came out this week.

jonah hex

A Darwyn Cooke cover no less. Be still my heart. AND the movie comes out next week, I believe. I've even seen trailers on the old T.V.! This much Jonah Hex can only be a GOOD thing!

Marvel has also brought out a western, but I do believe that they are simply making fun of the Rawhide Kid again.

*sigh*

5 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Is it just me, or is that hole in the front of Jonah's jacket suspiciously heart-shaped? ;-)

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Whu...? I never even NOTICED! But I do believe that you are right. And look, it's right over his REAL heart!

I can never get enough of Darwyn Cooke.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'd say Marvel is making fun of the Rawhide Kid- so far this new mini feels less like a Queer Eye/western mash-up than the last one did- it's got more of an "Oscar Wilde meets John Wayne " feel. That said, my preference would be a straight-forward or weird-twinged western where the guy may be gay but it's not this huge queen-y show. Sort of like if the Brokeback Mountain boys stopped angsting and robbed a stagecoach instead.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"I can never get enough of Darwyn Cooke." Me, too. :)

The heart in his shirt totally makes this cover.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I should probably read the Marvel book before making fun of it...but after that LAST mini, I'm a little gun-shy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home