Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Running Around Like Mad

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running Around Like Mad

Gosh, I'm having a busy day. I've got to get to the comic book store of course, even though it looks as though it's going to be a pretty light week. Still, I AM a creature of habit. I also have to go and see if I can find my way around the wilds of Springfield, Mass, in order to find a small costume shop, wherein I can pick up a couple of Barrister's wigs and an English Judge's wig. And therein lies a tale.

My attorney, and one of our oldest and dearest friends, is going to be appointed a Connecticut Superior Court Judge, so we're going to a party for it on Saturday. My Sweet Baboo, and his various partners in crime, decided to get Jay a Judge's wig, while they would dress up as Barristers, in the black robes and stuff. They may be old, but they still are boys at heart. So I think it will be fun.

But what makes this pertinant to comics you may say? Well, Jay went to school with the son of Nick Cardy, and they used to play over at Cardy's house, and read tons of old comics, and drive him nuts when he was trying to draw.

Draw things like THIS!

Bat Lash by Cardy

Gorgeous, isn't it? *sigh*. I love Nick Cardy.

I just offer this as proof, that reading comics DOESN'T ROT YOUR BRAIN! And I know a Hawaiian shirt-silly-wig wearing Judge, who is an example of that!

5 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

That is such an awesome story! Small world, isn't it?

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I loved Nick Cardy covers soooo much when I was growing up.Cardy & Giordano had the hottest looking woemn in comics.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

That's a marvelous page! And, you just gotta love Bat Lash as well. :-)

I've always wanted a barrister's wig! I always figured that would make a great Halloween costume.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

A barrister's wig is an awfully handy thing to have...just in case.

Nick Cardy is a sensational artist, his linework is exquisite. And I've always liked Bat Lash. The bit where he carefully takes the flower out of his hatband before beating somebody up, always cracks me up.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

His covers were probably responsible for most of DC comics' sales in the early-mid 70's. If I had been older at the time, he would have cost me some serious money. He was an amazing artist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home