Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Apropos of Nothing

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Apropos of Nothing

I'm just going to meander here a little bit. I didn't post over the weekend, because I was in Deep River attending one of the largest Fife & Drum corps musters in the country! Boy howdy, it was hot! Still...about 60 corps showed up, including the Old Guard, which just happens to be the White House Fife & Drum Corp. We're pretty good, but THOSE guys are on a whole 'nother level. They did all these fabuluous things with their drum sticks, and stuff, WHILE doing intricate marching and playing, so it was quite amazing.

But anyway.

I'm still not enamoured of the new Wonder Woman costume. As something to wear to the disco, that she just pulled out of her closet...maybe. To fight crime in...no.

If you want to have a variation on her iconic costume, then I think you can do no better than go with THIS version.

Photobucket

I...love this. It LOOKS like Wonder Woman, without having her behind hanging out. It looks Greco-Roman, so it's appropriate. It...it's just so darned cool. I wish that they would use this ALL of the time.

5 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I looove the Darwyn Cooke design of her costume. I wish they had went with that, too. Not only that, but she looks like a real woman. She's got a warrior's physique...not a supermodel's.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger mathematicscore said...

TOTALLY. This is easily the best take on Wonder Woman, at least in terms of basic "Yep"-ness, since...ever.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Bruce said...

Every time I see Darwyn Cooke's design it makes me want to cry.

Why can't creators always make her as perfect? You're right- there is no better design. It does everything right! It's not a question of pants or no pants? It's a question of barbie or hero?

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

The WW costume that was designed for DCU Online is fabulous. They should have gone with THAT one for the comics. The new one makes Wonder Woman look more like Donna Troy. :-P

And, yeah, Darwyn Cooke got her RIGHT.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I honestly don't know of anyone who doesn't like this particular version...although I'm sure that SOMEone probably would complain. But still...it's awfully fabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home