Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Crap

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Oh Crap

I don't know if it's news all over, but here in Connecticut some nutcase who was facing some disciplinary action at work, went bonkers and killed eight people, including himself. What is really freaking me out a bit, is that it is just down the road from my Sweet Baboo's place of employment. He saw the South Windsor SWAT team go flying by this morning. Needless to say, people are feeling a bit jumpy.

At my work, the Powers That Be just canned a guy. They're feeling a little jumpy at the moment too! I understand that losing your job is a terrifying prospect...but is it really going to make it better, by shooting at innocent people? Good grief.

I'm going to stick to comics, where the violence may be gratuitous, but it is still harmless in the long run.

Sheesh.

7 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

cripes that's awful.

hope you and the family feel betetr soon!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

People can be very very strange sometimes.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

We heard about that up here in Canada, though I work in the news. I was thinking about how people take out their frustrations about the unfairness of life like that, they do something completely unfair like take other lives deliberately. It's weak, stupid and saddening. Sorry to hear about it. Comics definitely help maintain my sanity, and often remind me of the better side of humanity.

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry as I am for the people who were hurt and the families of the dead, I'm glad your family is okay. Be safe and well.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Geez, sorry it happened in your own backyard, let alone at all! Glad your hubby is safe!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thanks,we're all fine, but man, what a mess. We sell them their tires!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Glad your husband is OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home