Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Hodgepodge

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, September 03, 2010

A Hodgepodge

I really don't have a particular theme or subject today,so basically, I'm just going to ramble.

We are getting the remnants of Hurricane Earl, here in lovely Connecticut. At least it isn't quite as hot as it was. We're inland, practically on the Massachusetts border, so all I imagine we'll see is some much-needed rain. Too bad for the poor people in the Carolinas and Virginia however.

And speaking of bad weather...every news show seems to pick some poor person to have to go and stand outside whilst the hurricane rages, battered by wind and rain and seaspray, so that we can ALL SEE HOW BAD IT IS! How do they pick the man or woman who gets THAT job? Draw straws? Musical chairs? Whomever misbehaved at the last Christmas party? I've always wondered.

I see that Burger King has been sold. There was an interesting little tidbit in the Hartford Courant this morning, and I quote:

"The proposed sale caps a tumultuous four-year stint for Burger King a a public company. The No.2 chain has characterized itself in recent years with edgy marketing that sought young, male 'superfans', who may patronize the category several times a week. While the efforts bult buzz for the brand, it ultimatly alienated just about everyone else, particularly women, minorities and senior citizens."

Heh. Oh THAT doesn't sound like the comic-book market AT ALL now does it. The geniuses in Marketing always seem to forget that old people and women LIKE TO SHOP! They either have disposable income, or in the case of a lot of women, they're the ones who pay the bills.

Harrumph.

I guess that Labor Day does signify the end of summer. Quite frankly, I'm delighted. I simply adore Fall. I can start cooking again, since it won't be too hot to eat anything but salads, and wear sweaters, and have a fire in the fireplace, and they'll start making apple cider. Summer is nice, but I hate heat and humidity, and I actually enjoy sleeping under a blanket and not having mosquitoes.

Boy, I am one heck of a kill-joy today! So here's something to cheer you all up.

Photobucket

Shirtless Kyle always makes ME happy.

5 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I too like fall more than summer. For me it's less the mosquitoes, and more the ticks I'll be happy to see gone.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Shirtless Kyle covered with Parallax goo. ;-)

We finally had rain in Indiana last night! First time in a month! And the weather is nice and cool -- no more heat and humidity! Too bad the pools close Monday. :-(

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm hoping that you'll send a little of that nice weather my way, Sea.

Not only is Kyle covered in Parallax goo, he's also covered in Guy's ring-generated shorts.

*sigh*

No ticks is a very good thing, Calvin.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty buff for an artist!

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh...yes!

It's a requirement you know. Buff, and with amazing buttocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home