Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Boy, Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Oh Boy, Reviews!

What a nice little week this was. Any week that has Green Lanterns in it, is automatically a good week.

Let us begin with Brightest Day #10. A lot of rather interesting things transpired. Aqualad is told of his powers and birthright by his adopted father, and, right on cue, Black Manta shows up, being rude and creepy. I will say that the kid's foster father is a wonderful man. Oh, and Aquaman shows up too in the very nick of time, which was nice.

There are also new developments with Firestorm, it turns out that Ronnie and Jason are a potential spark for a new Big Bang. So they can't get cranky, or else...it's the end and beginning of the Universe. Man. What a bummer. And it turns out that there IS somebody else stuffed inside there with them, and HE'S not a very nice person either. All good stuff.

Birds of Prey #5. I find myself a little underwhelmed with this particular issue. There were parts that I enjoyed, such as Babs getting poor Savant's head straightened out, and the whole idea of a Kord Tower fills me with delight. I'm glad that Zinda is going to be ok, and I can understand Huntress's frustration. But the whole bit with Black Canary and the White Canary just didn't do it for me, and the art change halfway through the book was...jarring. Ok, but not spectacular.

And speaking of spectacular! Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #2. Yahooo!

Justice Society of America Special. I love the JSA, I really do, but this had Magog in it, and I really HATE Magog. I'm breathlessly awaiting his prospective demise at the hands of either Captain Atom or Max Lord. And I'll CHEER about it!

I seem to be straying from the point here. There's a whole lot of stuff with Gog and Magog, and...and stuff. Meh.

DC Legacies #5. Well, you knew that the original Crisis was going to show up sooner or later, and here it is. It's a nice little refresher course, and the Adam Strange story at the back is ok.

So...an ok week. Nothing too fabulous except for the Green Lantern book which WAS fabulous.

5 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

Aqualad's adopted father got what the TV Tropers call a Crowning Moment of Awesome during the drive to the ocean. That was AMAZING.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It WAS cool, wasn't it? I REALLY hope they don't go ahead and kill him off, because he's such a nice guy...and we all know what happens to them.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

They did more Gog stuff? Wasn't the year and a half JSA spent on that Kingdom Come story enough?

I'm glad Aquaman showed up in time.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, more Gog stuff. YOu know, I liked Kingdom Come, but I think that it's time they stopped milking that particular story line. And I REALLy hope that Magog gets what's coming to him.

But yes, Aquaman did show up in time, looking all handsome and heroic.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm with you re: BoP. The change of art was jarring. And I don't buy Dinah just going off like that to be White Canary. I'm hoping Gail's got something awesome planned for this arc, because so far, it's not one of her best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home