Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: All Kinds of Neat Things

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All Kinds of Neat Things

All sorts of interestings things seem to be afoot. Firstly, DC(and Marvel to a degree) have come to their senses and dropped the $3.99 price hike on the books, which is a GREAT relief. I'm in the fortunate position of not having to watch my pennies too closely, but certainly not everyone is in that position, and I'm sure that it made a huge difference in gambling on a new mini-series or new book. A 30% price hike is absurd by any means.

DC is apparently dropping the price on ALL their books, although they are losing about two pages of content, which I can live with. Marvel is a little less forthcoming, I believe that the price rollback only applies to new books...so I will still not be picking up much in the way of Marvel books for the forseeable future.

But this is a good thing.

Pat Gleason, one of my absolute favorite artists and Peter Tomasi, one of my favorite writers are teaming up again, on Batman and Robin. I am simply delighted! I can only hope that eventually they will bring in Guy Gardner for a guest spot, and have him interact with Damian, which would probably be hilarious. And, or, explosive. But I can dream at least.

They are doing an animated Green Lantern feature, to come out next year I believe, with Hal and Kilowog. This is also a Very Good Thing. Not to mention the live-action Movie, which is coming out in June of 2011. You can NEVER have too many Green Lanterns. There is also a rumor of another Lantern getting a book, with a Red Lantern being mentioned.

I have gotten to the point where I can no longer look at a spectrum of colors and NOT think of each color without associating it with the appropriate Corps. Thank You Geoff Johns!

I'm still painting my kitchen. It's taking a long time because I'm doing it by myself, and it is a LARGE kitchen, with a walk-in butler's pantry, so there is a ton of cabinetry. Also, I paint for ten minutes and then have to stand back and admire it for a while. But I'm getting there.

Alan Scott's birthday was October 2. John Stewart's is on this Sunday, October 17. Exactly why I know these things, I could not tell you. Does this make them both Libras?

I am looking forward to tomorrow with uncommon lust. There are TWO Green Lantern books coming out, plus Booster Gold, and all the books that my store was supposed to get LAST week, so it is going to be expensive. But soooooo worth it.

And finally,

Photobucket

For no special reason at all, except that I like looking at Guy pictures.

7 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

I don't know why because almost very GL wears that uniform but seeing Guy in the standard Hal-esque uniform just always seems unnatural.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, the artist forgot Guy's black jacket/Sinestro ring look! Not to mention his original (pre-powers) Warrior look.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Guy Gardner + Damian would be AWESOME. I wouldn't know who to root for. Oh, what am I saying? I'd totally root for Guy. Damian just needs to get what's coming to him.

I think there's an ongoing animated Green Lantern TV series in the works, as well!! So we're in like GL overload, and that makes me very happy!

Oh, and that Red Lantern book? It totally should be about Dex-Starr. Sorry, Atrocitus!

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case you are interested there is an episode of Batman The Brave and The Bold where Booster Gold teams up with Blue Beatle (Ted Kord)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman:_The_Brave_and_the_Bold_episodes


Daniele

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Guy does look...odd in the standard GL suit, doesn't he? His look is so very iconic, that it just seems peculiar.

Sea, it would have been nice to have the jacket and jeans, a look that I actually rather liked. It just seemed so very Guy-like to go out and make his own costume,complete with cowboy boots.

Liss, Guy and Damian is a team-up that I would LOVE to see...mainly for all the possibilities for GL/Bat mayhem.

Booster and Ted teaming up is ALWAYS a good thing!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

John Stewart's birthday, huh. Coincidentally enough, my next Friday Night Fights entry will feature the comic that really elevated Mr. Stewart in my eyes. Plus, it's one of the greatest Hal Jordan-shellackings of all time. (Hint: It's from the 90's.)

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Face, I'm looking forward to a good Hal-whacking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home