Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Best...Cartoon...Ever!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Best...Cartoon...Ever!

Did everyone watch Friday's episode of Batman: the Brave & the Bold? It had the Justice League! And not just ANY Justice League, but the JLI! Well...more or less. It had Booster and Beetle(Jaime), it had Guy and Fire and Ice and Martian Manhunter! They threw Aquaman in there too, and naturally...Batman. It was hilarious. It was fabulous.

They all ended up fighting Darkseid, and the day is finally saved by...well, that was a heck of a twist at the end, wasn't it? Oooh, and Fire and Ice each had little accents when they spoke, which MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

Why on God's Green Earth are they cancelling this cartoon? I love it. Everyone I know, loves it. Heck, even my Sweet Baboo likes it, and he's NOT a comic book fan. This is a version of Batman that I actually LIKE! And where else can you see such wonderful obscure characters? Plus, Aquaman is outrageous, and that has to stand for something.

Guy fights Booster! He doesn't hit on Ice, which is the only disappointment that I had with the episode. I would KILL to have them make a new Justice League cartoon...starring this bunch. It would be EPIC!

I have heard that the DVD for both seasons is supposed to come out in March or so, and if that is the case, then it will wonderful, since I did manage to miss a couple of nights...but still...! I liked Young Justice well enough, and I am looking forward to the new Green Lantern cartoon with great anticipation, but I don't understand why they can't keep the Brave and the Bold going, because it is Just That Good.

The art was a lot of fun. And I SWEAR that they used this very shot in the show...

Photobucket

...of Guy in the air from behind with the giant green fist. It was lovely.

And speaking of lovely, here's a nice Lantern on Lantern whacking.

guy and hal

Ouch.

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I've got to hurry up and catch up with my Batman TB&TB episodes so I can get to this one! I just finished watching the Blue and Gold episode. It's such a shame this show got cancelled!! And oh, how I would love a JLI cartoon. But only with Ted.

I can't find Young Justice on any TV schedule I look on--when does it air?

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Erich said...

That was a great Guy panel. "No one punch!" No, he's not going to take that anymore.

I also just wanted to let you know that I've posted my Guy Gardner "musical sketch" from Joe Phillips:

http://fishflavoredbaseballbat.blogspot.com/

Hope you enjoy it (and I hope you like all the other "Musical Monday" sketches I've been posting)!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm not sure when Young Justice is actually going to be starting, although they did introduce things with the one hour premier. It was good...but it was no Batman:Brave & the Bold!

God, I'm going to miss this show.

Erich, that was just lovely. ALL your songs and pictures are lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home