Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Where IS Everybody?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Where IS Everybody?

Is it just me, or has there been a drop-off in people blogging or commenting on blogs? I've been wandering through some of the old Message Boards, and what used to be a veritable torrent of feverish banter, has dried up to the proverbial trickle. Although I do have to say that I don't miss the "Kyle vs Hal" wankathons...but still.

It's quiet. TOO quiet.

Have we all reached our outrage overload? Or maybe just nothing particularly stupid has happened lately. Or...God forgive us, have we all actually grown up and moved onto other pursuits? Oh, say it isn't so! Or are we all just too poor to buy comic books anymore? Or maybe we're either buying Christmas presents, or we haven't finished digesting the turkey from Thanksgiving yet.

All I know is that it is awfully muted out there.

So...to cheer you all up, here's nice picture of Hal fighting a pterodactyl. A YELLOW pterodactyl. Naturally.

Photobucket

He may not be graceful, but goshdarnit, he gets the job done.

11 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Sleestak said...

I expected to see something on the Land cover for the 'Women of Marvel' #2 (a case of Marvel missing the point) but I suspect everyone is just too tired to keep beating a dead mare with a stick.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said...

I've been juggling a 19 blog crossover and school finals myself, and still found time to notice the lull in comments. I believe that rather than the usual spike in traffic, the crossover just buffered what probably would have been a dip in readership otherwise...

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's not just me then?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said...

A lot of folks are taking vacation time right now. The ones who aren't are having to pick up the slack. Some are attending to their finals. Some have been out of work, and are hustling for Christmas money. Tis the season to keep busy and try to forget your misery...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I've been watching Doctor Who starting with the 9th Doctor and Torchwood and have fallen behind on pretty much everything else. You wouldn't believe the stack of comics to read that I've got here.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Siskoid said...

While I personally haven't reduced my amount of blogging, I too have noticed a drop-off in comments over the past week or two. I think it's normal for this time of year.

For those in school, it's the busiest time, and soon we'll have a drop-off due to people being away from computers and closer to family.

Although I haven't noticed a drop-off in visits per se, so that's as maybe.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm always shocked when Real Life interferes with the blogosphere.

Which reminds me...I'd better start baking!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Ragnell said...

Believe me, there is still idiocy going on, but right now WFA's been without regular updates and a large section of the community seems to have migrated to Tumblr and Twitter. Most outrage I've seen has been on those two sites, while blogs lay quiet or noisy but unlinked.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm not even sure what Tumblr IS!

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Ragnell said...

Blogging platform where all the livejournalists went. Easy posting of pics and rants. Start here and work your way through the reblogs: http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I think maybe it's the time of year, at least for me. There just seems to be so much "real life" stuff going on, and once I start losing my routine, I tend to stay stuck that way, so I've actually started to forget some blogs I used to frequent. (Which is sad.) Plus the weather...meh...makes me feel like sleeping all day!

That and nothing too exciting seems to be happening comics-wise. Then again, I'm a little behind with my GL reading. But Generation Lost has taken the fun out of things for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home