Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Let Us Try This Again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let Us Try This Again

Well! I had a nice little entry all typed out and ready, and then...the mouse suddenly went kerflooey on me. I don't know exactly what it is with me and computers, but somehow...SOMEHOW, they know that I am befuddled by them. Anyway, my Sweet Baboo just got home from work, bearing a NEW mouse, and voila! Here I am, penning these deathless words for your enjoyment. Or tapping them out on a keyboard. Quelle frommage.

So...the Giant Killer Snowstorm is still hellbent on rendering New Englad helpless in its icy assault. I have been informed that since I am considered "Non-essential" personnel, I won't have to brave the roads tomorrow, to come to work. I am not quite sure if I'm glad that I can sleep late, or if I am insulted. But it does mean that the UPS trucks probably won't be making it to my beloved comic book store either. Although...I do remember reading that they are starting a new thing, wherein the books are delivered to the stores the day before...but the store proprietors cannot sell them until Wednesday. This way there isn't a huge rush to get the boxes open and the books on the shelves on the busiest day of the week. Makes sense to me.

The end result of all of this is that I'll have to wait until Thursday before I can read Green Lantern or Booster Gold or Secret Six. This does not please me. This makes me quite surly. So I'll have to go back and read my OLD books. Which is actually not a bad thing.

Here's a little thing that I whipped up, after re-reading Green Lantern Corps 210, which is the one where Guy goes traipsing off to Russia to beat up Commies and fights Kilowog, and inadvertently ends up saving John and Katma. Oh, and he blows up a lot of stuff. It's quite fabulous.

Photobucket

Hal is testy, but he didn't actually do nearly as much saving as Guy, and that's why he's out of sorts.

4 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I'm really starting to miss the whole GLC 0f Earth setup -- except that Hal and the other corps "leaders" seem to be recreating it on a weird level.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know! I keep expecting them to move into a hip and happening Ski Lodge, and start having wacky adventures.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I can so see Arkillo in Kilowog's old role, can't you? ;-)

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Arkillo has a certain rough-hewn charm to him...for a psychotic killer anyways. Not so good with the witty repartee lately however.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home