Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviving an Old Idea

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Reviving an Old Idea

Egad, my mind is a complete blank. So, in order to entertain you, I am reusing an OLD idea from a couple of years ago. And I originally stole THAT idea from Calvin, so actually this is a double revival...or something.

Anyway.

Calvin had an idea way back when, to post a cover and then come up with your OWN plotline for it. I did it with the spectacular cover to Green Lantern Corps,that had Guy and Kyle drowning in yellow rings. There were some really good ideas.

So how about THIS cover? This is going to be an upcoming Green Lantern:Emerald Warriors cover, for the War of the Green Lanterns.

Photobucket

Hal and Guy are taking part in Project Runway. "No Wire Hangers...EVER!"

I'm sure that you can all do better. MUCH better.

12 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I'm pretty sure the Silver Age Mystery in Space/Adam Strange series was written this way. An artist would draw a cover, and then the writers would make up a story based on that. I think it's a great idea!

I can't think of anything for this cover beyond Hal saying, between gasps, "Don't...hate me...becuase I'm beautiful!"

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Haw!

I have to admit that some of those Silver Age covers were mindboggling. It was always a little crushing that the story couldn't quite live up to the promise.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

However exciting Kyle had made it sound, Hal decided that his first experiment with "gasping" would be his last.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

"I WARNED you not to touch my Captain & Tennille albums!"

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hee! And here he was making fun of John's Streisand albums!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger googum said...

Got it! Thanks Sally!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh googum...I think that you win. But these are ALL hilarious.

The only problem is that when this issue actually comes out, I'm going to be snickering.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Ok, I posted one yesterday on my blog. I agree though, Googum's wins.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh Calvin, yours is delightful. The thought of Warriors being possessed by the Three Stooges just fills my black little heart with glee.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

Guy: TASTES GREAT!

Hal: LESS--NNNGH! FILLING!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

*snicker*

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

I was goign to go for Guy strangling Hal for being a pretty boy, but Liss put it far better than me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home