Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Butts and Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Butts and Reviews

That's...and odd combination. But anyway, it was a tiny tiny week for me. I WAS expecting Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors, but no such luck. Maybe next week. So all that I picked up was Brightest Day, the final issue of DC: Legacies and Power Girl.

Brightest Day #22 was pretty darned good. It does continue to confirm my belief that the Life Entity is a bit of a jerk however. Ronnie and Jason are off confronting the Anti-Monitor no less! And putting up with the smart-alecky remarks from Deathstorm. There is a lot of angst, and Firestorm is split into his component parts with the death of one of them. Dagnabit. And the Anti-Monitor thought that he was controlling the White Lantern, when it turns out to be the opposite. I guess you could say that the Anti-Monitor was...punked. Things are rushing right along, with the climax in only a couple more issues.

Legacies #10. This has been a rather odd little mini-series. We began with the narrator being a child back in the day, and the earliest heroes such as the Mystery Men. Then we move in time to Superman and Batman and the Justice League and so on, and the narrator ages, and then ages extremely rapidly while everyone else remains the same. We end up with the death of Sue Dibny, echoed by the death of his wife from Cancer, and the Omacs and stuff, and then we find out that he's some old guy in a nursing home and it was...all in his mind? Seriously?

The second feature is all about Blue Beetle, with Dan Garrett,and then Ted Kord taking over. On the one hand, I'm delighted to see Ted. I LOVE Ted. But then you realize that it is all leading up to his death, and I got depressed.

Finally, Power Girl #22. This wasn't terrible. I haven't really been reading Power Girl since Amanda Conner left, just picking up the individual issues that tied into JLI: Generation Lost...but I'm a sucker for a dinosaur on the cover. There are lots and lots of dinosaurs. Superman and Power Girl are battling the dinosaurs when it begins to dawn on them that they are having a whole heckuva lot harder time in dealing with them than they should be. And it's because they aren't really dinosaurs at all! Magic! Who knew? Again, not bad. Not great, but not bad.

And now onto the main show.

Photobucket

Kyle is crouched down there a bit, but you can still see his fabulous hind-quarters. And Alan Scott shows up too,which is always gravy.

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Legacies: What? Huh, I guess they wanted it to be different from Marvels which was pretty much about a normal guy living through the different ages of superheroes and seeing his POV. I guess with everyone focusing on Teds' death like they used to with Barrys' means that he's currently the "heroic death that must never be tainted" in the DCU.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, it sort've started out like Marvels, and really, it started quite strongly, and then it rather petered out.

They do seem to have made Ted's death to be quite final. Of course they said that about Bucky, and Barry and quite a few other people who have miraculously turned up. I really DON'T see WHY Ted has to stay dead...there are a whole lot of people who would be utterly delighted if he came back.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I used to be on the "Bring back Ted" bandwagon but I've ran into some rather nasty fans plus the repeated Ted stories in BG have made me want to give the character some rest.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'd like Ted back, mainly because I think that the killing off of ANY good character is a terrible waste. I feel the same way about Ralph and Sue Dibny, Mister Miracle and Barda,Dmitri, Ryan Choi, Katma Tui and the REAL Max Lord.

I don't think that Ted would even have to be Blue Beetle, since Jaime seems to be doing quite well with the role. I'd like to have him running Kord Industries again, and hanging out with the Birds of Prey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home