Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Paradise Lost

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Paradise Lost

And...we're back! Gosh, but I missed you. Actually, I did pretty well all things considered. My blogging hand didn't start shaking until about Thursday! Needless to say...but I'm gonna say it anyway...we had a perfectly SPLENDID time in Maui. It was about 81 degrees every day, we had a room with an ocean view and were Right On The Beach, everyone was so nice, we ate everything that didn't move, say whales in the channel, had a day at the Spa, went swimming, went to a luau, ate some MORE, went to Front Street, on a boat and drank lots and lots of tall and frothy drinks with tiny umbrellas.

Of course it was a fifteen hour plane ride each way...with a couple of extra hours spent sitting in airports. My spine may never be the same. At least I have a day to readjust to the five hour time difference. But still...it was a heck of a vacation. In fact it really was Paradise. Gas was expensive though. But I do have to admit that it was Paradise to actually get home and sleep in my own bed. I don't even mind doing all the laundry...too much.

So...did anything exciting happen in the REAL world while I was gone? And by real, I mean of course the DC Universe. It would be awfully nice to discover that Lian's death was a fake-out, and Roy is off the drugs, Winick admitted that Ice's new origin was "just a joke" and Max Lord is actually an android. Oh, and Ted is coming back any day now.

Well...a girl can dream, can't she?

5 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Max may not be an android but I will credit Winick with finally writing a decent explanation of how he went from the semi-idealistic Max oof the JL years to this guy. I actuall apprecite the Evil Max character a lot better now.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Yeah, I'd have to agree. This has been the best Max since he went evil. Even Johns had me cringing when he wrote Booster claiming they never liked Max and Max constantly belittling Booster (the guy he hand picked.) Johns did explain the cyborg thing though but otherwise no one mentions it.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Has the whole cyborg thing with Max ever been worked out? Winick never seems to go into it.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

No one seems to want to get into it but Johns wrote a quick summary in the Blue & Gold arc via Maxs' thoughts. I think it was mentioned that Checkmate created a human body and put his mind in it or something.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Hooray! I'm glad you're back and that you had a good time.

Nothing happened in the real world. Charlie Sheen is crazy now. That's about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home