Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Personal Progress

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Personal Progress

I have now accomplished TWO things that have dragged me...kicking and screaming into the 21st century...which incidentally is eleven years old already.

Upon my epic plane ride back from Maui, I actually patronized a STARBUCKS coffee emporium at the L.A. Airport. I have never ever had a Starbucks coffee before. It was ok. Nothing great, nothing terrible. Good bagel though.

And today, at work, for some reason, they got sushi. I have never tasted sushi before either. So I had a round thingie that had rice and crab meat in it, and it was pretty good, and I had some salmon, also with rice, and it wasn't bad either. Not amazing or anything...but not bad. Went through me like salts through a goose however.

I also finished my taxes, but I can't figure out how to do it on-line, so I'm doing it the old-fashioned way and sending it in by snail-mail. There are just SOME standards that I refuse to give up.

None of this has anything whatsoever to do with comics. But it is Tuesday, the deadliest day of the week, and I have to babble about SOMEthing. Besides, Green Lantern:Emerald Warriors is coming out tomorrow and I'm breathless with anticipation. The whole War of the Green Lanterns is off to an excellent start.

And for you people who are hip and with it. Is this a normal reaction to Sushi?

9 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I'm getting Guys' book too (preview is up at DCs' source) but I won't be able to have it in my hands for a week.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I've only had sushi once, on my friend's birthday in '08. Less than 12 hours later I was throwing up in the street (the gas leak in the woods across the street from the party might be responsible for that), so draw what conclusions from that you will.

I've never had Starbucks either, but I don't drink coffee at all, so it makes a certain amount of sense.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I have to say that I think Starbucks is both expensive and over-rated. The sushi was pleasant enough, but it certainly didn't stick around very long.

Calvin, that does sound like QUITE the party however.

And Erin, I DID see the previews, and am simply panting with anticipation!

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

I think sushi is not only an aquired taste, but the rest of the system has to "aquire" being used to it as well.

Or you got a bad peice, that can happen too. I really like it, but I refuse to be the one to try a new place first.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

On sushi, that has never happened to me. I really like it and I think it's brillian for dealing with a hangover. You may just got a bad bit of fish. Or, if you added pickles or wasabi to it your body may just be reacting against those.

On starbucks - sadly I think I have been in one. But I bought tea from there. I hear they are now offering all digital Marvel comics for free now though.

On a non related note, have you seen these: http://tinyurl.com/4wargq9
Superheroes in cross-stich! Including the JLI and the Earth Green Lanterns.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Moriarty said...

Not a coffee drinker, but I do love getting a Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks during the Christmas corridor. It's like drinking a melted Andes candy, if anyone else knows what those are. I actually just found out they can make them year round, but then they wouldn't seem special!

As for sushi... I live in Los Angeles, so it's everywhere here. All my friends love it and say good sushi is mind-blowing. I, however, don't really get it. I mean it's fine and all, and I don't DISlike it. But it doesn't do anything for me. I actually went to Tokyo last year and went to a fish market right on the bay for the absolute freshest, best sushi on the planet. My coworkers had transcendental experiences. I... well.. I thought it was fine. Was told by my coworker who lives & works in Japan that if I didn't "get it" then... I never would. Which I perfectly okay with

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a heads-up, or should I say tails? This GL Movie poster appeared at some convention, and should be hitting the GL web- promo-circuit any minute.

Butt, you saw it here first! - http://shareimage.ro/images/cq7aiur6bzi8t8fsnk7p.jpg

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here’s a closer shot, with the “new” oath made just for you - http://img852.imageshack.us/img852/2752/greenlanternsbutt.jpg

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

My dear dear Anonymous. Thank you! That was quite delightful! And hilarious, if true.

As for the whole sushi bit...I'm in the "It's ok" category. It didn't do a whole lot for either way...except clean out my innards something fierce.

Then they went and got MORE of it today! Put this time I passed and stuck to roast beef.

Mmmmmmm....roast beef!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home