Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Green Lantern Movie

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Green Lantern Movie

Moving onto my next subject, howzabout the new Green Lantern Movie that is coming out in June? Incidentally, on my birthday no less. I know what I'm doing THAT day...and it isn't necessarily blowing out candles! Yowza!

I saw the original trailer, and with certain reservations, thought that it had promise. I have managed to watch the NEW trailer, which can be found at about a dozen or more locations...and it is simply...fabulous.

It has Sinestro! Being all cool and stuff, and sad about his buddy Abin Sur. It has Abin Sur, being all noble and dying. It has Tomar Re and Kilowog! It has a whole crapload of other Lanterns, that I'll be gasping with joy to identify! I don't know if it has John, Guy or Kyle, but I'm REALLY hoping that there are at least cameos to soothe my fangirlish heart. It has Oa!

Photobucket

And it has Hal. Hal isn't my favorite Lantern, but dammit, I have a soft spot for him. And I think that Ryan Reynolds has the cockiness and hair to pull it off. I don't ask that the movie be an epic...I only ask that it be enormously entertaining, and from the latest trailer, I think that it promises that.

I don't even mind the costume all that much. Hey, at least it's green. And I rather like the idea of it being computer-generated, because the real costume is Ring-generated...so naturally it would look a little bit alien.

Photobucket

And I'm hoping...I'm really hoping for a boxing glove construct.

7 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

I really doubt it'll have John, Guy, or Kyle. How would they explain another Earthman GL in the movie?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm assuming that somehow we'll see them on earth or something. If they are planning a sequel or a series of sequels, how could you NOT bring them in?

I...I just know that it would really make me happy.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger TotalToyz said...

Well, you have a better shot at seeing them than I do my favorite Green Lantern, Alan Scott.

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the story is about the "silver age lantern" Hal Jordan is the first human in the corps, so it wouldn't make any sense to have them in uniform, but they could pop up at the end or something....

I've always said Alan Scott is THE Green Lantern, Hal Jordan is Green Lantern, and John, Kyle and Guy are green lanterns....spelled just lke that.

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous lordofthewaters said...

OK that tears it, I'm not going to try and sign in with the openid anymore. Every time I try it gives that weird numerical string instead of my id.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Computers do very strange things sometimes. I can't explain them.

It WOULD be awfully nice to see Alan, now wouldn't it?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

All the pretty pictures went away! :(

And the GL movie is coming out on your birthday? That is the COOLEST coincidence ever!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home