Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wednesday's Books

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wednesday's Books

Well! What a lovely week this was.

I FINALLY got a hold of Brightest Day #23, and it was very nice indeed. I was rather expecting to have BD #24, but apparently that doesn't come out until next week, which was a relief. I'm not sure how this is all going to end, but I do have to say, that having the forest in Star City be the Parliament of Trees, and throwing Swamp Thing into the mix makes a certain weird amoung of comical book sense. Is the final issue of Brightest Day going to come out with the final issue of Justice League: Generation Lost, and will they tie together as well?

Questions, questions.

Fables #104 was nice. We had Pinocchio come up with some scenarios for defeating the bad guy, but just about all of them are pretty sure that it won't work, and Bigby is trying to get Snow out of danger's way, since he's pretty sure that he's going to be killed. Oh, and dear old Dad shows up and wants a throw-down with Bigby, because he's there to kill Ghost. Ahhh...family.

Gotham City Sirens #22. I have to say that I really didn't quite know what was going on in this issue, probably because I haven't been picking up the relevant Bat books, but some psychotic religious types show up, along with Selina's crazy nun sister...and it was...ok I guess, but not really my cup of tea.

Justice League of America #56. The battle with Eclipso continues, and the Shade has dialogue and Jade has been taken over, and Dick is having angst, and stuff. And Obsidian shows up at the end the envelope them all in his darkness. Which makes me raise an eyebrow, since wasn't there a ridiculous plot thread going on in JSA that said that Todd couldn't come within fifty feet of Jennie without bringing the world to an end or something equally ludicrous? And yet...here they both are.

Ok, I suppose. Not terrible. I do want to see what the heck is going on with the Shade, and St. Walker is cute as a button as always.

The REALLY big thing however were the two Green Lantern books, that I will actually review tomorrow. If you have them, be sure to read Green Lantern before you read Green Lantern Corps...it will make much more sense.

But oh my oh my...they were FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Gotham City Sirens makes more sense in context with the rest of the story, but they should have just left Selina guesting in Batman and doing this story rather than breaking up the flow of the Harley story. But it does deal with a loose end, somewhat, re: Maggie.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I remember them saying Brightest Day was going to have a big ending that effects things to come. I can't remember if a connection to JLGL was mentioned. Despite it resulting in the reason for the series (Max) they only really uses elements from it in passing. Guess we'll see.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

So does the whole shebang come to an end next week? Both Brightest Day and JLI:Generation Lost? I suppose that would make some sense. At least it's going to be a larger issue, because I had some serious doubts about them being able to wrap things up in only 20 pages or so.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Now that Flashpoint is starting, I'm not sure what's going on with the DCU. I guess we'll find out soon.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'm a little nervous about Flashpoint. I guess I'll pick and chose, because I sure as heck don't want to buy the whole fershlugginer thing!

But Hal in a jet vs dinosaurs has me hopeful.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm going to get the Flash issues and that's it. I'm not adding anything to my pull list because I'm getting tired of all these major events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home