Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: You've Requested Action Figures!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

You've Requested Action Figures!

Gosh I just love my Action Figures. I'm doing my very best to collect the old JLI, with my bowl-cut Guy figure, and the new Fire and Ice figures, not to mention pot-bellied Ted Kord, and Booster and J'onn J'onnz. I do still need to get a Batman figure and a Black Canary

You know what would be nice? A Max Lord, or an Oberon or even an L-Ron. And Sue Dibny to go with Ralph. And by Max Lord, I mean the OLD Max Lord before they turned him evil. It's a funny thing, I recently acquired this lovely book that has all of Kevin Maguire's art in it, and he mentions how disappointed he was when Dan Didio took him aside and informed him that they were destroying the characters of the old JLI. That wasn't exactly the term that he used, but it certainly was the end result. Maguire didn't draw them that way and Giffen and DeMatteis certainly didn't write them that way...but hey. Who wants to read about funny and charming characters anyway?

Ok, rant over.

They are brining out some new figures, and a NEW Guy figure is finally...FINALLY included, in his Red Lantern outfit, complete with a chain saw. I'm SO happy. I think that there actually was a fairly recent Kyle figure, but I'd probably have to go and check. There certainly seem to be a crap-load of Blackest Night figures, and I'm sure that there are going to be an equal number of Brightest Day figures.

The last action figure that I bought was the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle...and it is awesome.

I wonder if they are going to bring out War of the Green Lantern figures in the future? I want Hal and Guy and John and Kyle running around in their jeans and T-shirts! And a handless Ganthet.

I DO still have a few silly scans of some of my action figure left over in the old Photobucket.

silly

and

silly

and even

silly

When it comes to Action figures, I mostly have Green Lanterns, but there are a few others scattered about, mainly the JLI, but I've got Roy as Red Arrow, and Jonah Hex and a gorgeous Wonder Woman. There are certainly a lot more Green Lanterns that they COULD make, such as Salaak, Ch'p, Soranik Natu, Isamot, Vath Sarn and so on and so forth. I have always wanted a soft plushie version of Apros for some reason.

What are some of YOUR favorite Action Figures?

8 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger poops said...

What a riot! I love how the photos are blurry and out of focus...it gives the impression of a wild party, barely caught on film...you should do more!

(I am so easily amused!)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

Great shots.

I picked up the DC Direct Mr. Miracle and Barda set on e-bay about a year ago for ~$20, it came with an Oberon. Now I need DC direct to release a new shiny Guy.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger poops said...

How about a Mogo character that works as a carrying case for all the figures!

THAT would be impressive!

(Maybe with a Bzzd figure included!)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Looks like Hal is trying to shove something into Boosters' face but Boosters' forcefield is stopping him.

I have limited myself to two collections for DC. My bat kid collection (plus Alfred) of Dick (Nightwing), Jason (Hush get up), Tim (the red costume), Cass, Steph (Batgirl), Carrie Kelly, Damian, and Nightstar (AU kid of Starfire and Dick.) I want Babs as Oracle but that figure is near impossible to get for a decent price.

Then I have the JLI Booster and Ted, DCU Booster, Jaime and Ted, 52 Booster and Supernova. Powergirl, Captain Atom, J'onn, Guy, and the Frees. I'm working on getting two more figures into my Booster Gold/JLI set up.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Erin, I believe that it is a pie. And I've never even seen an Oracle figure!

Poops, I didn't actually TRY to make them blurry, I'm just a bad photographer! Nevertheless, a Mogo Carrying Case is the Best Idea Ever.

Jeff, I envy you your Scott, your Barda, and your Oberon. And yes, we NEED a new Guy!

I want Warrior Guy, and Yellow-Ring Guy with the blue jacket and the cowboy boots, and half-nekked-running-around-in-a-Loincloth Guy! (yes it DID happen!)

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Matt said...

hey, have you ever done a post for your favorite alien GLs? i would read it.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I only see the Oracle figure on ebay for $80 and up. It was part of a BOP pack but that's the most popular figure.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

Sorry, I left off the last sentence, which was if you need them, the Barda/Scott/Oberon 3 packs are still only about $20 on e-bay.

happy hunting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home