Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Feeling Pensive

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feeling Pensive

Maybe it is all this talk of impending doom, maybe it is the stock market, maybe it is just my own realization that I'm not getting any younger, but Time...and the concept of Time has been on my mind a lot lately. I've always had this habit of wishing that things would speed up sometimes. I want to know how the show turns out, I want to know whodunit, I want to see how the story ends. When I'm at work, I keep hoping that the clock goes just a little bit faster. Each week, I look forward to Wednesdays, because the new books come in. Then I look forward to Fridays, because hell, who doesn't?

I want Time to speed up when I'm bored, or tired, or doing something that I would rather not be doing, and I want Time to slow down when I'm home, or having fun. But Time isn't like that, and I'm fast coming to the realization that there is only a certain amount of Time allotted to each of us in our lifetimes. An old and very dear friend of ours is in a hospice, with cancer, and it's looking as though his amount of time is drawing very quickly to a close. And of course, it's not fair.

But maybe I shouldn't be in such a rush to find out the end of things...because I'll get there all too quickly as it is. And I DO believe it to be absolutely true, that time spent doing the things that you love is time well spent. So hug your friends, love your family and go out and read as many Comic Books as you possibly can.

7 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Sorry to hear about your friend :( *hugs*

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you Saranga. Sorry to be a bit depressing today.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

oh hells don't apologise sally! It's your blog, you use it for what you want.
besides, remembering and valuing thsoe you love is good advice for life in general, i reckon.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Sorry about your friend, Sally!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Sorry about your friend.

I think everyone sort wishes they could control time like that. Like having a remote to freeze the moment (or catch up on your sleep when you have to get up in an hour.) Sometimes we forget but when we remember how time works living in the moment is the best option we have.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

And Erin...do you suppose that Rip and Booster do that sort of thing? Is there a snooze button on the Time Sphere?

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Sally. :(

Thinking about time is just plain scary. For me time goes by too fast! September felt like it was only yesterday. I guess it's all in how you perceive things. I don't know which is better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home