Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: It's the Summer Solstice

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's the Summer Solstice

The longest day of the year. And tomorrow, it all starts to go downhill again. It's not that I'm bitter about there not being a Green Lantern book tomorrow...like there SHOULD be. Instead, let me bask in the glow of the first day of summer, and drink my milkshake like a lady. And orange-cream milkshake. Mmmmmmmm.....

As is also usual with Tuesdays, I have absolutely NOTHING to talk about. But I have never let that stop me before, and dadgummit, I'm not going to let it stop me now. At work this morning while sorting out the invoices, I did notice that there was one to a lady who's last name was Olafsdottir. Her first name was NOT Tora...but still...it was rather cool. My company also has a Harold, an Alan, and a Kyle working for us. Alas...no Guy.

The general consensus seems to be that the Green Lantern movie is by no means as terrible as all those stuffy critics declared it to be. Heck, I could have told them that. I know that I'll be getting it on DVD when it comes out in six months or so...it will make a delightful Christmas present! It will probably be hurt by Cars II coming out next week. And as much as I love Pixar...I didn't really like Cars all that much.

So anyway...

Photobucket

Here's a little apropos of nothing. Crazy Hal in his underwear! He's not getting hit in the head...but still!

5 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, Hal can brush his teeth AND recharge his ring at the SAME TIME. Now THAT's talent. ;-)

I'm not all that crazy about Cars 2's release, either. I love Pixar, but I do think Cars is the weakest link in it's lineup. But the weakest in Pixar's lineup is still leagues ahead of the best from most other studios.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

But he can only do it if he is standing still. Oh Hal.

It's quite true that what is mediocre for Pixar is fabulous for anyone else. But I still don't imagine that I'll be going to see it. I really don't go to movies that often. Heck, I still haven't seen Thor, and I probably should.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Oh sally do go see Thor. It's really good fun, and Thor is really hot. I think there's some bum shots. There's definitely several shirtless scenes.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

Truth be told, those panels come from the very first Green Lantern comic book I ever read.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Volcano Todd said...

And holy crap... I just realized that when I ran into an old friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, she commented on how I'd gotten a bit gray on the sides of my head.

I replied, "Well, that's the price of experience."

I didn't realize I was somewhat subconsciously quoting Hal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home