Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Most Peculiar Day

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Most Peculiar Day

It's...not a full moon or anything is it? Maybe it was just because it was a Friday, but I seemed to have to deal with a LOT of weird people today. My Manager was out because of Jury duty, so that immediately threw things into an uproar. My crazy boss (not the good one) was feeling testy because they actually had to send out cheques today, so he was in a mood. On helluva mood. My GOOD boss was also testy, because he had to fill in for the Manager.

If you call a business and want something, please for the love of God, just come right out and say WHAT you want, instead of hemming, and hawing, and stopping your sentences to go off on a tangent, and asking how I am, because I just really want to get you to the right department, and the phone just rang three more times, while I listen to you tell me about your grandmother in Russia.

Also...it is my job to screen callers for my Boss. He wants to know your name and your company. Please don't swear at me, or pretend that he is your bestest buddy while secretly trying to get through to sell him vinyl siding or something. It is not a good idea to be rude to your food server, your IT person, and the receptionist. I can make DAMN sure that you never ever get through, if you piss me off enough.

Don't move the stuff on my desk or in my drawers. I have things in a certain spot for a reason. If move it, or run off with my stapler, I WILL hunt you down.

Man, I'm glad that it's the weekend. I apologize for the venting. I obviously need to read a good comic book.

silly

I am thinking of applying for this. It could only be an improvement.

5 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I agree -- people seemed to be a weird combination of rude and skittish today. Might be because, here in Indy, it was unseasonably cold. People didn't know what to wear today, and it was ticking them off. :-)

LAYERs, people! LAYERS!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Arion said...

Hello, you've got quite an interesting blog. Mine is also comic book related but it includes other things. Check it out if you want:

www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Layers indeed. It's been oddly cool here in little old Connecticut as well. I can't say that I'm complaining too much, because it sure beats 90 and muggy. Here it is in the 70's and muggy.

But yeah, Friday was a really...odd day.

Arion, all the way from Peru! You have a very interesting site.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"Don't move the stuff on my desk or in my drawers. I have things in a certain spot for a reason. If move it, or run off with my stapler, I WILL hunt you down."

A-freakin'-men.

You move my favorite pen and I will TURN INTO SHE-HULK.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know! Isn't it incredibly annoying? You reach for a certain thing, and it's missing or has been moved, and I just go bananas. And they never put the waste basket back where it is supposed to be, so I end up throwing the stuff on the floor until I realize that it has been moved...again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home