Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wedding Bells Are Ringing

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Wedding Bells Are Ringing

I'm afraid that my posting may be a bit spotty for the next few days. My son Frank,(the one who danced with Lee Merriweather) is getting married this coming Saturday! It's at Wickham Park in Manchester, Ct., so we are all praying for good weather.

Relatives are flying in from all corners of the country, the rehearsal dinner is on Thursday, along with MORE relatives, various...debaucheries are planned for Friday, the Wedding itself is Saturday, and we'll be having a post Wedding garden party at our house, in the gazebo and back yard. Thank goodness we finally got the fire pit area finished! The entire fife and drum corps is coming, and it should all be quite festive. None of that fancy wedding food, they're having barbecue!

I'm not the mother of the bride, but nevertheless I'm feeling just a tad frazzled. If we ever have to do this for our daughters, I'm handing them fifty bucks and a ladder. Fortunately since none of us is particularly rich or ostentatious, we are having a fairly small and affordable wedding. None of those $30,000 extravaganzas for us! Although I have to admit that I love attending those...I'm just glad that I don't have to PAY for them. Because I'm...Thrifty! Or as my husband spells it, c h e a p.

Except when it comes to the important things in life of course. Like comic books. I DID try to convince them to have action figures on the top of the cake, but sadly, was voted down by the bride. The groom (who reads Green Lantern!) was all for it. We could have put my Ted and Booster figures on the cake and fulfilled Milagro Reyes' fantasy.

Still...there are new books coming out tomorrow...and I know where MY priorities lie.

7 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Baal said...

Congrats on the wedding. Want some fun with people who don't know you? Instead of saying 'you only get married once', substitute with 'you only get married the first time once'. There's been two nieces married in the last few years and trust me, the reactions of near total strangers is priceless!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Ooo, congrats!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

I think its funny you're having barbecue. What you're probably having is Manwich, because I dont think REAL barbecue can survive that far North.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Now, now Baal, messing with the heads of strangers is mean...but awfully fun.

Thank you Shelly!

Dwayne, we're having pulled pork and brisket. The caterer is from Texas. GOD, I love barbecue. When I lived in Austin waaaaay back when, you always knew that the best BBQ places were the ones with all the cop cars out front, and looking as though they were on fire.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Well, congratulations!! And might I saw a fife and drums corps makes ANY event better!

"We could have put my Ted and Booster figures on the cake and fulfilled Milagro Reyes' fantasy." LOL. I had forgotten about that!!!

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know! But the bride unfortunately, baulked.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Congrats to your son and his new wife!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home