Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oops

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Oops

Well, I feel silly. I was sneering at the weather predictions, and whoo boy, is my face red. Well, it would be if it wasn't pale white from freezing to death. Lost our power Saturday afternoon, so no lights, no heat no hot water. We do have cold water, which is a minor blessing. More than half of Connecticut is completely without power, and they are saying maybe a week...if we are lucky. Fortunately, work, DOES have power. And Coffee. And computers.

10 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous lordofthewaters said...

Hope it comes back quickly and no freezing Sally.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Blimey, that sounds horrible. Fingers crossed you'll have your power back soon.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Mind sending some snow here? Haven't had any in 11 years...

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Eek. I hope you get power back soonest.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's cold and dark,and frankly, we are in day four now, and it's getting a wee bit tiresome. My daughter has her power back, so we finally got showers.

I also came to work wearing a dark grey turtleneck and brown pants, because I can't see in the dark to get dressed! Gah!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Shiraste said...

That's terrible.

I hope you get your power back on soon.
Will the next item on the list be a wood stove and a bunch of old fashioned kersone lamps? Reading All Star Western in the light of those lamps sounds good to me. ^^

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the process of orbiting a solar mirror for my my space-based death-ray, but I'll be happy to turn it on your house until it's finished. What are your coordinates?

(Seriously, stay warm and safe.)

– Jack of Spades

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I hope you're back to having heat and power and hot water soon!!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you all for your kind words. I can use them, because quite frankly after more than five days now, I'm getting a wee bit cranky.

And Jack, my dear, my house is in the Gamma Quadrant. Look for a brick Victorian with a gazebo.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

crap. glad to see from a later post that you have the power back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home