Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Egad!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Egad!

My goodness, it is December already? It's the first, and that means that it is Statement Day! Got to send out the bills! This is always a long and all-hands-on-deck sort of circumstance in our beloved place of business, and today was no exception. First you have the constant clunking and whirring of the printer, spitting out the statements and invoices. The phones are ringing, and the assistant Manager who for some reason thinks that he is Pavarotti, is wandering around singing Christmas songs through his nose. The crazy Brother of our Boss, who is useless, but nevertheless still works here, because his name is on the building, is busy screaming obscenities at deadbeats over the phone. There's nothing quite like it.

I have to come up with a better way of referring to the Crazy Brother. I think that I shall henceforth refer to him as Dinsdale. As in Doug and Dinsdale. If you are too young to catch that reference, please ask your parents. One of these days I'm going to stab Dinsdale in the heart with my letter opener.

But anyway...Comics! Only a very few comics, but comics nevertheless.

Fables was great as usual, they are still trying to figure out who amongst Bigby and Snow's children should be the new North Wind, and apparently we have a winner. And bad things happen to Bufkin in Oz. Or...do they? Fabulous.

Batman: Odyssey

This is just the weirdest book. It makes no sense whatsover. I really am not quite sure what the heck is even going on, but heck, the art is pretty, and as I have mentioned previously...and frequently...I REALLY enjoy seeing Batman be somewhat less than omnipotent. Or even potent. Or even, in this case, competent. I don't know what Neal Adams is ingesting, but it must be really good stuff.

And now, I think I have to go and lie down. Statement day takes a lot out of me.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Lordofthewaters said...

Piranha Brothers!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Tell him Spiny Norman wants to see him.

And this on the day I play the "Contractual Obligation Album" for the first time in years.

Ah, synchronicity.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

The Piranha Brothers indeed. It is so incredibly apt, that I'm rather amazed at myself that I never thought of it before. Henceforth, that shall be their noms de plume!

Oh sweet Spiny Norman. My daughter's hedgehog was named after him, and he sadly recently passed away. However he was NOT 40' long from his nose to his anus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home