Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Farewell to 2011

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell to 2011

This has certainly been an...interesting year. Although I suppose that you can say that about ANY year. The weather was bizarre, at least in my little corner of New England. A tornado, an earthquake, hurricane, blizzards, floods...there weren't any red skies or locusts, but that was about ALL that we didn't experience. And so far, except for the Halloween disastrous snowstorm that knocked out our power for a week...we haven't had any snow. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just worried that we'll suddenly get twelve feet in February, because these sorts of things have an odd way of evening themselves out.

I understand that the rest of the country has had interesting weather as well!

There has been the unrelenting parade of Republican candidates, which has been alternately hilarious and terrifying. And gosh, we have another whole year of it to look forward to! The price of everything has gone up...and up. On the plus side, we are coming home from Iraq which is a very good thing, and the economy seems to be improving...very very slowly.

For the world of Comics, it has also been an interesting year. There was Thor, The Mighty Avenger by Landridge and Samnee over at Marvel that was simply fantastic, although it ended far far too soon. There has also been Journey into Mystery, with Loki as a young boy, and it has also been fantastic. DC had its reboot in September, and has surprisingly been putting out some pretty decent books. On the other hand, other than the marketing coup, I can't really see that any of those books couldn't have been created using the OLD Continuity. I miss my continuity...I really do.

Action Comics with a young and raw Superman has been superb, but there is no reason it couldn't have been brought out as a new book, it's written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Rags Morales. People were going to buy it no matter what. Same thing with Wonder Woman, which has also been excellent. She's been rebooted and redone so many time already...what's one more? The Bat Books and the Green Lanterns passed through the tumult mostly unscathed, although I am still uncertain as to what is still in their combines history. The the JLI being new, does this mean that Guy never got the "One Punch" moment? He doesn't know Martian Manhunter anymore, and he's only dated Ice a couple of times, which makes me sad. Also, we lost Secret Six which also makes me sad.

They broke up a LOT of couples, which also depresses me to a certain extent. In the meantime however, I can only assume that someday it will all be put back as it should be, and I'll keep buying and enjoying my books. On the plus side, Batwoman was fantastic.

The Green Lantern movie came out and I don't care what anyone says...I loved it. The Thor movie was also very good. I haven't seen the Captain America movie, but I understand that it was pretty decent as well, and I will be looking forward to the Avengers movie. The Green Hornet movie was just awful. Although Kato and the car were ok. We also had the epic story of Wonder Woman' pants.

I had two kids get married, my Sweet Babboo started a new job, we marched in a lot of parades, and I made the last payment on my car. Huzzah! The New Year beckons, with all sorts of promise and hope. I do trust that you will ALL have a safe and happy New Year and that good things happen. And when bad things happen, we'll get through them.

And please please, let the comics be good.

Photobucket

And you can count on there being a lot more of this sort of thing.

2 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Bully said...

Happy New Year, Sally! And I'm hoping to see Hal get bopped on the head a lot in 2012, too!

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Happy New Year, to you too, Bully. I think that you can safely count on me to show Hal getting hit in the head...often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home