Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Shadenfreude

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, December 05, 2011

Shadenfreude

I've been making my usual round of the various blogs and message boards and stuff, and it has come to m attention, that James Robinson is expressing some doubt about whether or not DC will continue to publish his Shade Mini-series...due to faltering sales.

Gahhhh!

This...will not stand! I LOVE the Shade! I've naturally bought and devoured the first two issues of the Mini-series, and have loved them. It has good art, and the best writing by Robinson in quite some time. There are other crackerjack artists lined up as well, not to mention the possibility of a gander at Shade's actual origin, which would be rather delightful.

I do hope that DC doesn't pull a Marvel and start cancelling their mini-series, and other offerings before they even make an appearance. I really don't want to see a lineup of JUST Wolverine and Avengers from Marvel, or JUST Justice League and Batman from DC. I wouldn't mind about twelve Green Lantern books, but that's just because I'm warped. Even I understand that not everyone wants to see a Kilowog and Arisia mini-series (but you know it would be good)

You know what mini-series I WOULD like to see? How about Ralph and Sue Dibny: Ghost Detectives. They could team up with the Justice League: Dark or something. Or throw in Detective Chimp and Traci Thirteen. I would also happily buy something with just Fire and Ice, because I love them, and they don't get much attention, which is a darned shame. I also wouldn't mind having Justice Society Quarterly, or Green Lantern Quarterly, or Justice League International Quarterly. Or something with Ted Kord. Or Milago Reyes. Or heck, even Hal and Ollie going camping or something.

There are tons of good characters and tons of stories that can be told. So please...buy the Shade, and save it from an ignoble demise. You won't be sorry.

6 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, the atrocity that was Cry for Justice made me question whether I would buy anything James Robinson put out in the future; I didn't buy his (Not Really Ready For The) Justice League of America, and didn't really miss it. I am picking up Shade, though, and did enjoy his first Justice Society run. I think he writes far better nostalgia than super heroics.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

"Cry for Justice" actually started out fairly well, in a campy sort of way. I was enjoying it in a snarky sort of way until it suddenly took a HUGE right turn into horridness and that was that. But originally, there was a bit of promise.

I try to tell myself that it was only because the editors got involved.

But man, Starman is just the ginchiest.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Who says Ralph and Sue are still dead post-reboot? Aren't all the "Crises" erased?

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Arynne said...

Don't know about the Dibnys, but I'm pretty sure Ted Kord has been erased from continuity.

I doubt "Hard-Travelling Heroes" happened in this new timeline either. :-/

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's awfully hard to say exactly WHAT or WHO has made it to the new DCU. I personally don't see why we can't have Ted or Ralph or Sue, or a host of other fabulous characters that have been cast aside.

Heck, for that matter, I miss Wally and the Justice Society.

*sigh*

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they explicitly said Identity Crisis remains in post-DCnU continuity. Which is idiotic.

-- Jack of Spades

 

Post a Comment

<< Home