Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Hal, Ollie and Dinah

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hal, Ollie and Dinah

Oh, what a winsome trio they were. And I say "were", because in the present state of DC continuity, their happy little menage is no more. And that's a pity, because the three of them were fun.

In my mind, Hal always works best when he's bouncing off of another character, which is why I always enjoyed Hal and Barry, Hal and Ollie, Hal and Guy, etc. etc. Now, Hal has Barry again, but they are still pretty new to their friendship in the newly formed Justice League, and heck, Hal and Ollie don't even seem to have MET! And the same thing with Dinah. Which makes me sad. This is probably why Hal is running around with Sinestro at the moment...there ISN'T anybody else! I haven't seen Tom Kalmaku lately either, I hope he is still in existance at least.

Ollie just isn't the same without Hal. He's not frothing at the mouth, or calling people "fat cats" or comparing Hal to a Nazi or...or anything! No Arrow car, no Arrow plane, no Arrow cave...wait a minute, with his fancy-ass new corporation, he probably DOES have an Arrow Car and an Arrow Plane! Interestingly enough, he's STILL a pale imitation of Batman!

Haw!

But no Dinah in the picture, so there is a whole lot less angst. And romance. I liked Hal being friends with Dinah, because she had to be just about the only woman that he was genuinely FRIENDS with! As a serial flirt, Hal always seems to see women as potential girlfriends. He didn't seem that way with Dinah...at least much.

Photobucket

But man, I miss stuff like this.

4 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Jimmy said...

I miss the old Ollie. The first time I have liked him or one of his stories was in this last issue. I am glad they used him in Grifter too. I just hope they do start the teaming up with Hal before I get tired of this incarnation of Ollie and give up on him.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Has the new book improved then? I gave up on it, about issue #4. Yes, old Ollie was a bit of an ass, but dammit, I liked him. I find the new Ollie to be much too dull and boring.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Jimmy said...

Well it had only one direction to go...so yes it improved. Has it improved to the point I would recommend you or even some newbie to pick it up...probably not. There are so many good title right now in my opinion that I don't think I would be reading this if it wasn't a gift. I keep seeing the JL cover with him on it with the green X through the the league and it has my hopes up though.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I rather hope that they DO put him in the Justice League, because then I'd have Hal/Ollie back. And Ollie can fight Barry over Hal, because that's how Hal likes it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home