Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Missing Characters

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Missing Characters

So...in the new DC Universe, things have been reset, and a whole passel of characters have ceased to exist, or only exist on alternate Earths, such as Earth 2. This...is a shame for the most part. I really do miss people like Rip Hunter, and Wally West, and his family, not to mention most of the Justice Society, and Obsidian, and Connor Hawke, and Mia, and more.

I can't say that I miss Geo-Force particularly, although I DID like the Owl Man that showed up in the Outsiders during Peter Tomasi's brief tenure when Alfred was running the show.

However, I have noticed one glaring absence. Where on earth is Snapper Carr?

It's not that I actually MISS him. To be blunt, I can't STAND Snapper Carr. Nevertheless, he was a major part of the Justice League, and he did have a few decent moments. Not many...but a few.

Without Snapper, we won't have any moments like this...

Batman

...and we all know that there's nothing quite so satisfying as a Snapper-Slappin'.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Boosterrific said...

I wish I could snap my fingers and teleport the supporting characters back into the stories where they need to be; Snapper is one of the many, many supporting characters missing from the DCnU. I don't know why DC seems to think that its books no longer need supporting characters, but it is starting to look like an editorial policy. Once upon a time, supporting characters were what gave a title its flavor, defined the heroes and villains, and filled in the story for the readers. Now, as a general rule, it appears that if a character isn't named Alfred or Lois, that character is wearing bulky, Jim-Lee designed armor under their clothes (or dead). Say what you will about the rest of the DCnU, but we are certainly all worse off for this change.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I LIKE Supporting Characters. As you say, they gave a book its flavor. After all, what is Superman without Lois or Jimmy? Wait...they have been doing terrible things to Lois too.

Unless, this is an editorial exercise in making us yearn for and miss those supporting characters. If that is the case...then mission accomplished!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home