Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Remember When?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, March 09, 2012

Remember When?

It really was only a few short years ago, that Jaime Reyes was introduced as the new Blue Beetle. People naturally, were...skeptical. I was HIGHLY skeptical, because I really really love Ted Kord. It took a few months for me to summon up the curiosity to check the new book out. But word on the street was also highly favorable. And once I read it...I was HOOKED!

A young new hero. A Hispanic hero, based, not in New York, but in El Paso. His friends and family knew his secret identity. The people of El Paso liked him. Oracle tried to recruit him. Guy ended up liking him. Hell, Batman liked him! He got a girlfriend, who was as awesome as he was. He wanted to be a Dentist.

Remember stuff like this?

traci thirteen

and

jaime dentist

jaime and reach

and

jaime and guy

not to mention

jaime and guy

and even

Blue Beetle

This is only a tiny tiny sampling of the awesomeness of Jaime. So maybe...we could get back to that sort of thing?

Please?

5 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Oh, if only this version of Jaime would come back soon. There have been a couple of flashes of fun in the new series but now as he heads off to New York, it seems less and less like the old Jaime.

Guess we're just out of touch with what comic readers want to read these days.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

I have the first 4 TPBs of the series and they consist of my entire personal canon for the entire DCU. (Likewise, my Power Pack collection is the basis for my personal Marvel Universe canon.)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Aw, fun times. One of those series where the "best of" posts could legitimately take a week to write.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, I really feeling like I've been whining a lot, but damn it...I miss Jaime! And Ted, of course.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Jhon recetas faciles said...

I lilke the comic but the movie was very bad i like the animation but it was too short

 

Post a Comment

<< Home