Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Day Late...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, April 06, 2012

A Day Late...

...but hopefully, not a dollar short. And happy Good Friday and Passover to all of you who celebrate! I'm having the whole clan over on Sunday, and have to start baking right about now. I would have posted reviews yesturday, but I was feeling awfully cruddy, and just didn't feel like it.

So pooh.

But here I am, rarin' to go!

Action Comics #8

Well, gosh darn it, this was great. Back to the story and everything, and Superman doing what it is that he does best, and Lex whining, and Lois being awesome, and Jimmy looking a helluva lot like a young Guy Gardner, which rather threw me. And oh my...but the art was so very very pretty.

Although...I'm also pretty sure that those last couple of pages were by someone other than Rags Morales, because that close-up of Superman flying away from the cemetary...scared the BEJEEZUS out of me! Gah!

All-Star Western #8

I don't think that this actually came out this week, but I must have missed it by mistake last week, so here it is anyway. Jonah Hex and Doctor Arkham trailing behind, mosey on over to New Orleans where they just happen to meet up with Nighthawk and Cinnamon, which is nice. Jonah saves a bunch of people, and then, being contrary, decides NOT to help save a bunch of people. Then there are gladiator fights, which we must all agree are the BEST kind of fights. So...stuff happens, and it's fun, and that's all that I ask.

Fairest #2

I...am not quite sure what to think about this. I love Fables of course, and I have to admit that the art is simply exquisite. But I really don't give much of a hoot about Ali Baba, although I do like his little efreet, and Sleeping Beauty is awake, which is nice, but she seems a lot crankier than the last time that we saw her, and they are being chased by Lumi, the Snow Queen who was awakened at the same time...and I'm still wondering what the hook is.

It's not BAD per se...but it doesn't latch right onto you the way that Fables did either.

Justice Intenational #8

Boy howdy, this was a rather exciting issue. After they all got blowed up last month, a whole bunch of our intrepid group are in the hospital, and the short mean lady from the U.N. is having a hissy fit, and revoking their charter, and the administrator of the Hospital is also having a hissy fit over their continued proximity to the hospital, and Batman shows up and introduces Batwing as their new Bat Proxy apparently. Booster is somewhat confused, but rolling with it. This has left only Booster, Guy, Fang, aka August-General-In-Iron, and Godiva walking around. Guy does have a touching moment with Tora as she is lying in a hospital bed with broken legs, and Batwing seems to know Vixen. Fire is ignored completely.

The Bad Guys are still running around being BAD and then OMAC shows up with his mohawk, and presumably, a misunderstanding will ensue.

It is all a little ridiculous I suppose, but God Help Me, I love these characters so.

Swamp Thing #8

Egad, but this was good! Intense. Very very intense. Alec is Swampie again, and it's about time. Unfortunately for him, he's just about alone, and he's trying to save Abby, but the Rot has taken over, and it...well, it ain't pretty. But it sure is drawn pretty.

Good stuff!

I did not buy Avengers Vs X-Men. I don't care.

3 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Lantern Kiaori said...

That Guy x Tora moment was very touching. So touching that I didn't realized that Bea's coma was absolutely ignored. Argh, so ashamed about that! I really like this series and big green staple guns.

Hope you are having a happy Easter!

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last episode of GL the animated series was amazing. Is it possible not to love Mogo?

uswzb

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I did have a lovely Easter and I hope that you did as well.

Poor Bea. She's pretty much been shunted aside.

And yes, the Green Lantern cartoon on Saturdays has been a heckuva lot of fun. Halfway thru, watching it with my son, I began muttering "Mogo" and sure enough!

Now all it needs is a little bit of John, Guy and Kyle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home