Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Come On!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Oh Come On!

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time...say a couple of weeks...you will probably come to the conclusion that I am not a huge fan of Marvel's latest Massive Crossover, called Avengers vs X-Men. 

For one thing, they DID that already, quite a while back, and while not perfect, it wasn't a bad little mini-series. 

Secondly, enough with all the In-Fighting already!  Sheesh!  Marvel heroes do NOTHING but fight each other!  Constantly!  We had Civil War, we had the Skrulls, we had the whole Mutant thing with Wanda...do the Marvel people even HAVE any villains?  Other than Doctor Doom and possibly the Green Goblin?  If Super-Powered Hunks are going to be destroying my town, I would at least appreciate it more, if they were saving the world from some Bad Guys...instead of just working off some steam over philosophical differences. 

Whatever.

Anyway, in the latest issue, which I believe was called Avengers vs X-Men Versus...which has to be the most inane title I've run across in quite a while...they had paired up a couple of Avengers, or pseudo Avengers...against a couple of X-Men...or pseudo X-Men.  You had Iron Man vs Magneto, and you had Namor vs the Thing.  The last time I looked, Namor wasn't an X-Man, and the Thing wasn't an Avenger, but what the heck do I know?

Well, you would think that this would be a slam dunk, but of course, you would be wrong.  They had Iron Man channel the Magnetic force of Jupiter or Saturn or something, and use it to defeat Magneto.

Then they had the Thing fight Namor...UNDERWATER...and beat him as well. 

When I first heard about this, I laughed.  Seriously.  Then I sighed.  And then I went back to fanatsizing over Green Lantern butts as any right-thinking woman should. 

What is next?  Does Pixie defeat Hercules?

7 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Pete said...

Namor's been an X-Man for a few years now--he is Marvel's first mutant after all. Thing is, I believe, a fairly recent addition to the Avengers.

The Versus book is specifically designed to be big dumb fights...I think maybe they took that 'dumb' adjective a little too seriously.

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Only once? Au contraire, there have been so many by now that Newsarama was able to compile a Top 10 list.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-greatest-avengers-vs-x-men-battles.html

Bask in its ridiculosity!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous r duncan said...

Thank you greatly for letting me know I'm not missing out on much.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Gary said...

While I'm more than aware that DC certainly aren't perfect, this sort of thing just makes me glad I'm not a Marvel zombie.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

Even THIS GUY would be calling B.S. on that Thing win.
http://itsclobberingtime.blogspot.com/

 
At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marvel's only remaining villains are superstar writers and editors. And the Mandarin. Everyone else is just misunderstood.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

It is starting to get ridiculous. They flow from one major Crossover to the next, and there is never any sort of break, so that the poor writers and artists can just tell a nice story for a couple of months or so.

They certainly don't seem to be creating any NEW villains. And it seems that most of their old ones, are now reformed. Maybe. Or working for the government.

I guess I can see the appeal of just having their heroes hammering on each other all the time. That way you don't have to keep coming up with plots and stuff.

But having Ben Grimm beat Namor? UNDERWATER?

No Frikkin' Way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home