Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Spring Has Sprung

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, April 02, 2012

Spring Has Sprung

The sun is shining, the forsythia is blooming, the grass suddenly turned green overnight...we are actually having an EARLY Spring in New England. Unheard of! Which probably means that we'll get a foot of snow next week or something. New England likes to do things like that.

Nevertheless, and even though it is a Monday, I am in a fairly decent mood. My taxes are all finished, the house is clean, and although I need to make dinner for fourteen people or so, on Easter, I am still calm. These sorts of moods do not strike often.

Which leads me to ponder the state of Super Heroes and Super Heroines homes. I would think that they probably live in squalor. With all of those late-night emergencies, or the possibility that they are going to be kidnapped to another galaxy for a month or two...Their fridges are probably full of sour milk and moldy cheese. They can't keep pets, because who would feed them? With the exception of Superman and Krypto, and Power Girl and her cat, I can't think of any other super types that have pets. Well...maybe Kitty over in the X-Men, but she's in a school,and there is probably someone around to help feed Lochheed.

When do they have time to do laundry, change the sheets, do the dishes, heck go grocery shopping? I noticed in the last issue of Justice League that Hal is bumming groceries off of the government, because, as he says, who has the time? In fact, the Flash is probably the only one who has a decent standard of living.

Well, and Batman. But he's got Alfred to pick up after him.

I wish I had a butler.

7 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous lordofthewaters said...

I imagine Ollie has a pretty presentable place he should have the staff to take care of all that. When he isn't living in the forest anyway....But that's kind of the same situation as Batman isn't it?

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Martin Gray said...

Look on the bright side, Sally, at least not being a GL means you're not afraid to look in the fridge ...

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't see Clark living in squalor. Though the only things in his fridge would be milk and Ma's leftover rhubarb pie.

Diana, now, I can see. Weapons everywhere, gorillas crashing on the couch...

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Spring has sprung
And grass has rizz
Where last year's reckless
Driver is

- Ogden Nash

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I hadn't thought about Ollie, but he probably has help of some kind.

If I remember correctly, Diana's apartment was spotless...and completely undecorated...until the gorillas moved in of course. And Tollifar DID have the decency to apologize for the flinging episode.

Martin...I like the way you think, my dear.

I LOVE Ogden Nash!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Arynne said...

"Which leads me to ponder the state of Super Heroes and Super Heroines homes. I would think that they probably live in squalor...Their fridges are probably full of sour milk and moldy cheese. They can't keep pets, because who would feed them?"

I knew it! I am a Super Hero! It's the only explanation that makes sense!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

All you need is an origin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home