Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reviews

Well, that was a very very nice week.   I greatly enjoy these sorts of weeks.

Batgirl #10

I really can't believe that we are up to number 10 on all of the DC 52 books already.  Where has the time gone to?

This was a decent issue.  Barbara is fighting some kids in a garage, when one of them is hideously wounded, and she goes from avenging angel to ministering angel in a trice.  Against her better judgement, the "Security" detail takes care of the boy.  There is a lot of other stuff going on, and fortunately her roomie shows up, more or less safe and sound. 

Nicely done.

Batman #10

Well crap in a hat, I did NOT see that coming! 

Bruce, with the help of the rest of the Bat Clan has more or less put the Talons on ice...literally.  Now he's pissed, and determined to bring down the elite of the Owls.  Too bad somebody beat him to it.  And you'll never guess who it is!  I certainly didn't! 

Great art, great story.  There just may be something to this young Scott Snyder fellow!

Really really good.

Batman & Robin #10

Bruce has decided that he needs a family portrait, with himself, three out of four Robins, and Alfred.  It's certainly a nice idea.  Too bad that Damian and Tim can't keep from bickering.  Jason isn't even there, and doesn't WANT to be there, but still gets all cranky that he wasn't invited. 

Damian in the meantime, still with a price on his head, placed there by his own loving Mother, has decided that he's going to prove that he's just as good as...if not better than ALL of the other Robins, and informs them all that he's going to beat them at the one thing they are best at.  There is a certain amount of scoffing going on, but it doesn't pay to bet against the boy.

Gosh, he's just so obnoxious...and yet strangely adorable.

I loved this to death.

Demon Knights #10

Our intrepid group is on their way to Camelot, but things have certainly changed in the time that they've been gone.  Normal animals have been turned into monsters.  And they get to fight a Pirate Sea Serpent!  Like Vandal Savage, that is something that I never thought to see...but I like it.

Again, beautiful art and a fun story.  I just really like this bunch of protagonists, and I hope that they will stay around for a while.

Green Lanterns #10

Well, that was NOT what I was expecting! 

Resurrection Man #10

I found out that this book is going to be on the chopping block, and I'm depressed as heck, because I really like Mitch, and I've been enjoying his...er...resurrection.  He's got shadow powers in this one, rather similar to those of the Shade, and he's hanging out with Whatserhame, and being chased by both Angels AND Demons.

Decent art, and a good story.  I'm starting to sound like a broken record.

The Shade #0

Hoooooboy!  I'm not familiar with  Frazer Irving's artwork, but it rather reminds me of Danial Acuna...very painterly.  It's quite nice however.

Dickie Swift is back in London, and after attending to some business, makes an appearance at the abode of another one of his decendants...only this one is particularly...not nice.  In fact, he's pretty awful.  And he's been up to all kinds of nasty shenanigans.  Egyptian Gods come into it somehow, and the Shade finds himself in something of a predicament at the end.

I haven't been all that impressed with the Earth 2 stuff that Robinson is cranking out, but when it comes to the Shade, he's as good as ever.

Silk Spectre

Darwyn Cooke and Amanda Conner are two of my favorite  people, so there was no way I was going to miss this book, and I have to say that the art was fabulous, and I enjoyed the story, which is mainly that of Laurie Jupiter in her High School years, and the problems she is having with her mother. 

There is the usual Teenaged rebellion, a cute boy a mean girl, and...welll her Mother.  Who has problems of her own.  There aren't any superhero fights, but I loved it all the same.

The Mighty Thor #15

No Loki, but that's ok.  Thor is fighting none other than his Dear Old Dad in a dream world, where everyone is dreaming the same dream and it is starting to get a little...out of hand.  And the Enchantress is up to no good, which is pretty much the same as usual, but Don Blake has figured that out just a little bit too late.

Good!

7 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Are we playing a guessing game for who took out the Court of Owls first? Like Twenty Questions?

OK, first guess: That Talon guy they're giving a book in September!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger AF said...

About Green Lantern, I wanted the serial killers to stay that way a little bit longer... Nevermind, it was still pretty good. Great art, Sinestro kicks ass (as he has been doing during the last volume), Jordan was surprisingly rational and Black Hand is back on business. Good week, good week.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'll be blabbing incoherently about Green Lantern on Friday. But oh yes...it was very good!

Calvin, as far as I can tell, Thomas Jr took out the Court of Owls before Bruce could get to them. Which has to be annoying for Bruce!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger AF said...

BTW, Legends of the Dark Knight was really awesome too!!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

AF, I haven't been picking that up, but I'm glad that its good!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger AF said...

You should... The first was really mind-blowing. Give it a try, I'm sure you will love it.

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Martin Gray said...

Fine reviews, Sally. Batgirl was an especially nice surprise, as I usually find something in there to annoy me, but I loved Babs' characterisation here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home