Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 07, 2012

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Ordinarily, I would be putting up the reviews of the lovely lovely comics that I bought and read yesterday, but today is no ordinary day.  There came a day...a day unlike any other...when after work, I wandered over to the googleplex theatre in Enfield, and plunked down my dollars for a matinee viewing of the Avengers.  In 3D!  I've never actually seen a 3D movie before!

Wow.

That's...one helluva movie!  And despite the fact that Thor does NOT take his shirt off once, it was still worth it.  Oh...so worth it.  It is a long movie, but you don't really notice because the action is just non-stop and balls to the wall the whole way through.  Everyone does a bang-up job with their characters, but i have to admit that my favorites are Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, who quite frankly is fabulous.  And hilarious. 

I have to admit that the first moment I really caught my breath in a moment of absolute wonder...was when Cap and Banner are peering over the edge of the aircraft carrier...and it turns into the SHIELD Helicarrier.  Whoa!
There were plenty of other moments as well of course.  The Hulk whapping poor Loki around like a Rag Doll was a precious moment, Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is quite amusing and snarky, and Chris Evans as Captain America just blew me away.  Scarlett Johansen has a pretty decent role as the Black Widow, and Hawkeye is good, and Fury is good, and Maria Hill is good, and dammit, everyone is good!  And Chris Hemsworth is just so incredibly gorgeous.  And he still loves his baby brother, bless his heart!

After it was all done, there is that strange moment of disconnect that you feel when you stumble out of the dark theatre and enter the real world again, blinking your eyes because everything is so bright.  It had rained while I was in the Movie, but the sun had come out, and driving over the bridge, with the dark clouds in the distance and the sun, there was this HUGE Rainbow!  It just made me grin ear to ear the rest of the way home. 

So, after I come down from this incredible Comic Book High...Then I'll write reviews.  Oh Marvel...you still know how to sing that old siren song sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home