Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: No Comics Today

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, December 14, 2012

No Comics Today

Ordinarily I would be enthralling you all with a review of Green Lantern Corps, or whatever incredibly insightful and brilliant idea I may have come up with.  Or pictures of Hal's behind.

But not today.

I live in Connecticut.

Fortunately, not in Newtown, where there has been a rampage at the Sandy Hook Elementary School.  Eighteen childred are dead, and at least seven adults.  Kindergarteners.  Little kids, going to school, in a nice safe bedroom community in Connecticut.  Safe, affluent Connecticut.

So I came home and I hugged my kids, and I cried a little bit, and I worried about the kids in my own nice safe little town.

So please, hug your own kids, or your own family members today.  Because we could use some Super Heroes of our own, and those would include the teachers and the Principal of that school who did their best to save those kids.

6 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah, I definitely know how you feel.
Once I learned about it while watching the news, I instantly felt both saddened and disgusted that this even happened.

Tragedies like this make it hard to believe in a God that would let a senseless act like a stupid 24 year-old kill a bunch of innocent elementary kids and their teachers:(

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

My wife's an elementary school teacher in less-safe, less-affluent Chicago, so I was worrying for her even before today. Still, this really hit home, especially now that I've got a son 4-5 years away from elementary school.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's crazy. My daughter is a teacher, my daughter-in-law is a teacher and my sister is a teacher's aide. You don't think of that as being a high-risk sort of profession!

It's out of control.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Cat said...

I am so glad everyone in your family was safe. My prayers go out to all affected by the tragedy. It's absolutely terrible and dumbfounding with what happened. I took your advice and hugged my daughters;) take care, god bless and we can all wait a bit for your wonderful reviews ;)
And Sally is right, this stuff is out of control with these crazy, senseless tragedies that have been happening.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Cat said...

I meant: "and Sally, you're right?..."

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thanks for the support and good wishes for all those involved.

Incidentally, I made a sarcastic remark to my husband, that I would bet that some nut would say that if only those kids had been armed, then this wouldn't have happened...and I was RIGHT! Although it was a nut who said that the Teachers should have been armed. He represented some Gun Owners group. Or as I call them...crazy people.

I don't object to hunting, or target shooting, and if you feel you need to have a gun in your home fine. I DO object to guns that can shoot 5000 rounds a minute and have no purpose other than killing large numbers of things in a short period of time. Deer aren't that hard to get!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home